Unprotected

“Glad you could make it.”

“Don’t sound too surprised.” Eddie says with a smirk as they both embrace one another.

Anne chuckles as she pulls away. “So, you and Patrick, huh?” She teases with a small smirk of her own. However, it’s not just Eddie she’s teasing...

‘No!’ Venom firmly echoes. He’s not stupid; he just knows Annie is teasing him, not Eddie... stupid Annie.

No.” Eddie firmly states with a roll of her eyes, almost smiles when she can hear the symbiote rumbling happily.

Anne’s smirk widens. “What’d you have to bribe Venom with for him to let another man even touch you?” She can’t help the smugness in her tone, can’t help still teasing... them both.

‘Annie is mean when she is drunk.’ Venom grumbles.

Anne narrows her eyes when Eddie laughs. “What? What’d he say?”

“He doesn’t like you when you’re drunk. Says you’re mean.”

Anne can only grin a rather dangerous (dangerously taunting) little grin.

‘Traitor.’ Venom quietly snips at his host.

Eddie laughs. “V wanted to dance. So, I let him dance... without causin’ a scene on your special evenin’.” She adds the last part while wearing a pointed look.

“Oh, God.” Anne mumbles, eyes slightly widened. “Please tell me Venom didn’t body hop the poor guy.”

‘He should be so lucky.’ Venom scoffs out.

Eddie bites back a snort of amusement before answering her friend. “He did not.” She confirms with a nod, smirks when the blonde deflates in relief.

“OK, good.” Anne nods her approval. She grins up at Eddie, looks into her pretty green eyes and tells the symbiote, “Extra kudos and chocolate for you tonight. Another hour and you can come out, V.V, OK?”

‘Eddie...’

Eddie frowns softly as she hears his hesitation. “Yeah, love?” She asks, tone softly encouraging him.

‘I would rather go home and have that dance with you.’

Any other time, Eddie would taunt him for actually refusing a single morsel of chocolate. This time, however, she really doesn’t have the heart to. Instead, her heart pangs in the most lovely way she ever thought possible. “You sure?”

‘Yes, Eddie.’

“What? What’d I say?” Anne looks slightly worried when she sees Eddie’s soft frown.

Eddie chuckles, shakes her head. “Nothin’. We got a hot date planned for after your shindig.”

‘Shindig?’” Anne looks slightly offended now.

Eddie smirks. “It literally means party or lively event for special celebrations.”

Anne rolls her eyes, because the stupid strawberry blonde has her there. Still, Anne can’t help it, planning this wedding has been stressful from the get-go because of her asshole family members and Dan’s overbearing mother trying to stick her nose in all the time. But then, she actually registers what her friend just told her and suddenly can’t help the teasing grin that crawls across her painted red lips again. “A hot date, huh? Is V finally gonna give you his D?”

‘Yes. Absolutely.’ Venom’s voice holds more teasing than Anne’s, but Eddie can practically feel his stupid excitement... can feel her own stupid thrill of excitement (and arousal) shooting up her spine and straight back down to her fucking core.