Alien

‘Why do you bother, Eddie?’ Venom is genuinely curious, no teasing or taunting.

Still, Eddie is left slightly confused. “With...?” She asks, keeps her voice to a low mumble – pretends to look like she’s talking to herself as she types away and hopes to be ignored by everyone... except for the bartender, of course.

With these meaningless side articles. Why do you bother with the little jobs? You are Eddie Brock! You’re almost as famous as the Lethal Protector now!’

He sounds proud, which warms Eddie’s heart. However, she still hears the light taunt in his tone, feels it through their bond. “It’s good practice. And I can’t be biased. Makes me feel like a pompous asshole if I refuse a story. And after Drake almost destroyin’ my career, it’s made me a lot more grateful for anythin’ I can get... no matter how famous I become.” She explains as she pauses to lift her half drunk beer bottle to her lips.

Very noble.’

He sounds serious enough, but Eddie still scoffs quietly. “Besides, this –“ She points the neck of her beer bottle at her laptop screen (at her half written article.) ”– isn’t what I would call a side article. John was even more vile than Kasady. At least Kasady didn’t pray on young girls. He was just disgustingly in love.” She says with a wrinkle of her nose.

Venom would be frowning if he wasn’t tucked so warmly inside her every cell right now. ‘Do you think being in love is disgusting, Eddie?’ He hates how stupidly insecure he feels as he asks, but he also feels he has to ask.

Eddie smiles softly, slowly places her now empty beer bottle back onto the bar. “No, V. That’s not what I meant.” She chuckles over how sweetly unsure he sounds. “I just meant those two in particular were disgusting.”

Venom hums in agreement, immediately feels at ease by her words. ‘I don’t blame my spawn for hating that awful woman. Literally the worst luck of a symbiote to connect with a host who’s in love with someone that can instantly vaporise them.’ He shivers, and knows Eddie feels it when she shivers, too. Then, he simply can’t help purring a little when she lets him hear that pretty little laugh of hers (no matter how quiet, he can always hear it.) ‘She was very creepy, Eddie... I am glad you love me the most.’

Eddie chuckles, shakes her head. “Me, too, actually. Even before I met you, I’d already sworn off men forever. No more psychotic boyfriends for me, thank you. Gimme a human brain lusting alien over any of that old shit any day of the week.” She sighs, grins triumphantly as she adds, “Havin’ you also means Anne tries less and less to set me up with any more weirdos and borin’ old farts.”

‘Todd wasn’t so bad. A little twitchy, and yes, quite boring. But he was nice.’ And Venom really means that.

Still... he wishes with all his soul (if he even has one) to be the only one who belongs to her.

Eddie would be surprised by his words. Instead, she chuckles, because – “You only liked Todd ‘cause of the chocolate desserts he used bring us.”

‘He was so rich, Eddie. He could have bought us our own chocolate shop! And OK – he didn’t exactly fuck like a sailor, but –“

“He literally just used to rub himself against us like a stiff corpse!” Eddie exclaims, eyes rolling at the group of men looking her way from the other end of the bar. She turns her attention away from them quickly, wants to stay ignored. She glares at her laptop screen when she hears Venom laughing his stupid ass off. “You’re a fucktwat.” She grumbles, grabbing her second, untouched beer and gulping down half the bottle.