Fire Balls

‘I still don’t think this is a good idea, Eddie.’

“Of course you don’t. You never want me to have any fun unless it’s your kinda fun. Selfish.” Eddie tuts, chides the alien aloud as she walks down the street (never cares that onlookers probably think she’s just some crazy woman talking to herself.)

‘Wh – I am not selfish!’ Venom practically sputters.

“OK, not selfish.” Eddie smirks as she turns into the alleyway for a shortcut. “Just childish.”

‘Am not...’ Eddie scoffs out a highly amused laugh at his somewhat pathetic (childish) comeback, and this time, it doesn’t annoy Venom, only makes him feel (childishly) gleeful. ‘So, are you going to let me do something about this idiot that’s been following you for the last 5 minutes?’

Eddie smirks as she mumbles back, “Why do you think I took this shitty shortcut?”

‘He’s not even a little subtle. I feel almost embarrassed for him.’

Eddie can’t help chuckling at that. “Let’s see what he wants before you eat him, love, huh?”

‘Fine.’ Venom huffs, then, grumbles out, ‘But only because you called me “love”, this time, and not “parasite.”’

“You know you make it very easy to emotionally manipulate you, V.”

‘Shut up and turn around! He’s getting too close.’

Eddie huffs, though, not at Venom. She halts, like he tells her to, slowly turns to face the guy when she hears him only a few feet away from her now. She snorts, looks amused as her eyes are instantly drawn to the guy’s lavender-purple quaff, but most importantly, that stupid cocky smirk slapped across his face.

“You Edith Brock?”

“No.” Eddie says, tone stern.

‘He knows that idiot from last night. I can smell it all over him.’

“You a friend of Peter’s?” Eddie asks, half glaring at the guy. She doesn’t need Venom to tell her this guy is bad news. She can just feel it, somehow.

The guy shrugs nonchalantly. “I guess you could say that.”

“Uh-huh, well, say less. I’m busy. Bye.” Eddie turns away from him, knows instantly that was a bad idea when she feels an immense heat hitting her back. “V, wait –“

‘No!’ Venom doesn’t wait one moment longer as he floods forth, engulfing Eddie (keeping her safe.)

“I fucking knew it!” The guy laughs, backs away from the 9 foot tall creature, but annoyingly, he doesn’t seem too afraid of it.

‘I am going tear your ridiculously coloured head off!!’

“Ah, ah, ah!”

Venom halts instantly when the guy holds up both his hands, both fists literally curling furiously with fire.

‘Uh, V? What the fuck is that? Why did it have to be fuckin’ fire?!’

‘Stay calm, Eddie. I won’t let him hurt us again.’

‘Find out who this jackass is before you eat him. I am gonna kick Peter’s ass!’

The guy smirks, keeps the flames ready at both hands. “So, Eddie Brock is the Lethal Protector of San Francisco?” He laughs, shakes his head. “Look, I’m not here for a fight.” He smirks when the creature takes a step forward, holds his flaming hands up in warning.