Perfect

“What’d you know about Magneto?”

Eddie blinks, because she’s literally just sat down and – “What? No hellos first?” Jeez, he's as bad as Venom.

Venom’s scoff brushes through her mind. ‘Why would I ever need to say hello to you, Eddie? We are never apart... stupid.’

You’re stupid.’ Eddie mentally scoffs back.

‘No! Your face is stupid!’

‘Thought my face was your favourite.

‘Do not taunt me!’

Eddie almost laughs. ‘Then, don’t make it easy for me.’ She smirks to herself when he simply grunts through pure annoyance.

Patrick sighs, runs a hand over his tired looking face. “Sorry. Rough night... we found the girl.”

“Oh, thank fuck.” Eddie lets out a relieved huff, leans back in her seat just as the waitress brings their coffees over.

“Yeah, I’m lucky John loves to boast about his sick fantasies.” Patrick scoffs bitterly as he takes a sip from his steaming mug. “He had her chained and locked up in some rusty old shipping container out in the middle of goddamn Nevada.”

“So, why do you wanna know about Magneto? I don’t know anything the general public don’t know.”

“So, he didn’t try to recruit you into his cute little mutant cult?” Patrick arches a brow.

Eddie shoots him a withering look. “He tried to get one of his moron side-men to recruit me, actually.” She says, tone slightly snooty. “Is that really what you wanna ask me?” She arches a brow right back at him.

“Fine.” Patrick huffs, looks her in the eye as he asks her, “Are you working for him?”

No.” Eddie bites out firmly, gaze unwavering.

‘How dare he! We do not work for anybody!

Patrick notices her wince ever so slightly, arches a brow as he asks, “What’s he saying?”

‘Tell him I will bite his stupid head of if he ever again has the AUDACITY to accuse us of –’

“He says you still owe him that chocolate truffle cake for savin’ your damn life all the time.’ Eddie says, tone clearly hinting.

No! Wait... yes! What you said is better!

Patrick stifles a laugh, nods. “Alright, no problem.”

Eddie nods, takes a few gulps of her coffee. “You know I’m not a mutant, right? I’m not entirely convinced Magneto was actually recruitin’ me. Seemed more like he wanted to test if I’d be any trouble for him.”

“I know.” Patrick gives her a sincere, almost apologetic look. “But I wouldn’t be doin’ my job if I didn’t at least ask.”

Hmph! That’s not all he wants to ask you.’ Venom scoffs out. He knows he’s being childish, but like most times, he doesn’t care. Especially when it comes to Eddie. (Stupid Eddie...)

‘What? What’re you talkin’ about?’ Eddie is confused, slightly concerned.

Venom doesn’t get to answer. He doesn’t need to. He already knew what was about to happen. Ugh! Now he knows why the stupid Detective gives Eddie such a hard time... now he knows why the Detective is always extra nice to him. Venom almost scoffs again. He may be able to win Eddie over, but Venom knows a loser when he sees one... because he was one... is one without Eddie...