Date

“What would you say if I told you I found you a date for my engagement party?” Anne tries to air the question as casually as possible, because she can already guess the reaction she’s going to receive.

“I wouldn’t say anythin’, I would just let V eat Dan.” Eddie drawls out just a casually without missing a beat.

See? Anne huffs.

“And I would say no, Annie!” Venom exclaims, sounds absurdly proud of himself.

“Thank you, VV!” Anne chirps, knows he can hear her through Eddie anyway.

“Fuckin’ suck-up.” Eddie mutters, glares when he has the audacity to stick his big ass lizard tongue out at her, like a damn child.

“Come on, he’s really sweet and kind. His name is Charlie. He’s a lawyer –“

Eddie scoffs. “Kind and a lawyer? No such thing.”

Anne pauses before gritting out, “I’m a lawyer.”

“Yeah, but your parents are hippies, so that’s where you get your streak of awesomeness from. I really don't know why you hate them so much.” Eddie smirks when she hears her best friend scoffs. “Remember how not happy they were when you told them you wanted to become a lawyer?”

“Great. So, I’ll tell Charlie you’re more than up for it. I mean, I already told him you’d probably have sex with him. Have you even had sex since Venom first attached himself to you? Or is there a whole other topic we need to discuss?” Anne chirps, and Eddie is glaring at the TV and trying not to grip her phone too tightly (and break yet another.)

“Eddie doesn’t need a date. She has me.” Venom chirps happily, grinning down at her.

Eddie arches a brow up at him as Anne chuckles and says, “OK, but you’re missing out on the whole threesome thing, VV.”

“You didn’t seriously tell a guy I’ve never even met that I put out so easily, did you? That’s so pathetic... for me.” Eddie grumbles, sinks further into the couch and yanks her robe over her face.

Anne laughs. “You are pathetic, Eds.” She teases, though, her tone is more than fond.

“Don’t worry, Eddie, I make you less pathetic.”

Bless his stupid alien soul for sounding like he genuinely wants to stick up for her, but – “Yeah, that’s not really a compliment, V... but thanks.” Eddie looks up at him, grumbles her thanks somewhat begrudgingly (guiltily) when he gives her that annoyingly dopey disappointed look of his (he really has grown more expressive since he’s been “attached” to her.)

“Well, he’s not wrong, but you don’t have to worry, I obviously didn’t tell the guy that. I barely know him myself. He only moved here from Seattle a couple of weeks ago.” Anne explains, then huffs and says, “I didn’t even mention you, actually, so relax.”

“Look, to be honest, since V first popped his head outta my ass –“ Eddie bites back a smirk when Anne chuckles and she sees Venom’s eyes narrow at her from the corner of her eye. ”– I haven’t really been into the whole datin’ thing anyway.”

Anne pauses in thought before causally asking, “Is that because you and Venom are dating, or –“

“Yes.” Venom happily chirps out.

“I knew it.” Anne scoffs out.

Eddie rolls her eyes at his dopey-ass grin, but has to bite back a fond smile as she says, “You don’t even know what datin’ really is.”