Our Head

“Are you going to behave?” Magneto's smile is smug, his tone clearly condescending.

“It’s... not me... you need to... worry about.” Eddie angrily churns out through gritted teeth, the pain still stinging every one of their nerve endings. She glares up at the mutant when he chuckles.

Magneto levitates down that last two inches, his shiny black boots gracefully settling on the concrete. He then, crouches down, levels his eyes with hers as he talks to the alien. “No need to be defensive, my little symbiote. I just wanted to get a good look at you, is all.”

‘I AM GOING TO TEAR HIS FUCKING HEAD OFF!’ Venom practically roars in complete outrage. His LITTLE symbiote?! How DARE he!? He belongs to nobody, but Eddie! And that’s only because they belong to one another.

Magneto smirks knowingly when he sees her wince. “I almost wish Charles was here. I would love to know what goes on in that pretty head of yours.”

“Just ask... and find out...” Eddie sneers out, still glaring back at him.

Magneto chuckles as he slowly rises back up to stand before her. “Oh, I’m sure I can guess along the lines of what you’re both thinking right now.” He can’t help the amused smile that plays across his lips when a rather animalistic snarl rips passed those pretty pink lips.

‘How about we SHOW him what goes on in our head instead?!’ Venom snips, tone clearly threatening.

‘Oh, yeah? HOW?’ Eddie snips back at him. ‘You need to let me handle this.’

‘And what if he hurts you?’

‘He’s already hurtin’ me! He came to us. Alone. He wants somethin’. So, shut up and let me find out what!’

Venom tuts, then huffs out, ‘Fine!’

‘Thank you.’

‘But I get to tear his head off if he so much as lays a finger on you!’

‘I expect nothin’ less.’ Eddie breathes through the pain, though, it’s less intense. She doesn’t know if that’s her growing used to it, or the mutant just easing off, but she’s grateful either way. “We’ll... behave.” She finally grits out, though, rather begrudgingly.

Magneto smiles, triumphantly and happily. He slowly lowers his hand, watches her sag in relief from the pressure of his power releasing her so quickly. “Very good.” He takes a step back to give her some breathing room, but keeps his slightly cautious gaze on her. “He listens to you. What a good lad, he is.”

“He’s not a pet.” Eddie snips, lifts her glare back to the mutant. She keeps that glare on him as she lifts herself back up to stand. She winces at the stupid heels, kicks them off and doesn’t care about her bare feet now pressed to the dirty ground (not like Venom would ever let her catch any diseases anyway. And she’s too angry to even notice the cold night’s bite of the concrete.)

“Of course not.” Magneto looks rather offended that she would assume that’s what he meant. He is simply teasing her about their special bond, not about the creature itself. “I’m sorry, darling, I dirtied up your lovely dress.” He pouts dramatically, smiles when she rolls her eyes and huffs rather adorably as she glances down to take in her attire.

‘Yes, Eddie, look at what he did! Every time he is remotely involved in our life, there is a crime being committed upon fashion! You should definitely let me kill him.’