Grow

When Eddie wakes up, she’s strapped down to a metal chair. This feels all too familiar, but for whatever reason, her mind feels a little foggy. She wonders what the hell is going on. She wonders where the hell she is. And as she then wonders who the hell bound her (and probably knocked her out) an all too familiar voice echoes from the darkness surrounding her.

Where is he?”

Eddie recognises Drake’s voice right away. And this time, as he has her strapped to this chair, Eddie can feel the panic slowly start to settle in her bones. Eddie watches the man walk out of the darkness and right up to her.

Drake leans down so that he’s eye level with her. There’s a sickeningly pleasant smile on his lips that accompanies the rather sinister glint in his dark eyes. “Where is Toxin?”

“This isn’t real.” Eddie tells herself.

Drake scoffs out a laugh as he straightens his back and looks down at her. “You think so?”

“V, wake me up... now!” Eddie bites out, glares back at the phantom Drake.

“Venom is a little busy right.” Drake tells her, grinning maniacally. He reaches behind his back and producers a small glass canister.

Eddie’s eyes widen in horror at the sight of the small black substance, moving frantically inside the canister. “V!” She screws her eyes shut, shakes her head. “No. This is just a dream... a really fuckin’ bad one.”

“This is how it was meant to end for you, Edith. You really think you’re his perfect host?” Drake laughs at her, openly mocks her. He lifts the canister to his eye line, shoots the symbiote an oddly fond smile. “Venom is special. Not like the others. Not even like the ones he produces.”

“You mean the ones you forced outta him, you sick fuck!” Eddie doesn’t know why she’s acting as though this is the real Drake. But she just can’t stop herself. Not when Phantom Drake talks about her other half like he’s just a tool.

Which... OK... sometimes, technically, V is totally a tool. But he’s getting better! He has morals! Even before he met her!

Drake laughs at her again. “Well, it’s nothing compared to the pain he’s about to feel now. He seems to be very fond of you... for whatever reason. I can’t think of any reason why.” He grins at her, looks completely insane now as he slowly reaches into his jacket and pulls out a small handgun. “So, I thought I’d allow him a little goodbye before I finally get rid of you for good.”

“Do whatever you gotta do, but you let him go!” And now, Eddie’s mind is lost to her nightmare. The rage inside of her for this man is clearly something she never fully addressed.

Drake rolls his eyes. He then lifts the gun and fires twice into her gut without no hesitation.

Eddie gasps at the sensation, but her focus is more on the third bullet ripping into the canister. “No!

Drake is no more then, and Eddie is watching Riot’s hulking and horrid black and ashy mass completely engulf the rather small man.

“No competition!” Riot roars as he tears the canister open and grips a large hand around the mass that is Venom (his father.)

“NO! VENOM!” Eddie is only powerless to watch as Riot lifts Venom up to his gaping and awaiting mouth.

“Eddie! Wake up!”

Eddie bolts upright in her bed, her eyes darting around her dimly lit bedroom. “What the fuck?” She whispers, breath heaving and hands gripping her sheets.