Normal Stuff

[San Francisco, 2036.]

Venom is sprawled out in his humanoid form, back pressed to their bed, half asleep (he still doesn’t need to sleep, but he likes to share her dreams), and drifting in complete bliss. It’s not the usual bliss he feels whenever he’s fucking Eddie (up against various bits of furniture), but lying here with his love strewn over him and their still tiny spawn laid over his chest feels absolutely just as blissful. Eddie is half asleep, too, hand half gripping the bottle of milk as Dylan happily – and quietly – suckles away, so Venom sends out a tendril to take the bottle from her, is careful not to knock the sucker out of their babe’s mouth.

Eddie shifts slightly, presses herself against him. “Thanks, love.” She mumbles, now free arm coming up to cuddle their “spawn” to them both.

“Welcome.” Venom mumbles back.

He lets out those deep rumblings that vibrate softly against her cheek, and it only makes Eddie feel all the more sleepy. Dylan, too, by the looks of his little blue eyes fluttering shut. Though, his tiny hands don’t let go of the bottle. She smiles as she watches his little pink pudgy digits gripping over the tendril wrapped around the bottle, smile widening when his little blue eyes flutter back open and he simply stares back up at his daddy – an obsession that Eddie feels rather left out of.

Venom brings an arm up around her back, pulls her impossibly closer. His eyes are glued to Dylan’s little ocean blue orbs, simply unable to look away, but he still finds composure enough to tell her, “He may love me more, but he needs you more.”

Eddie has to bite her lip to keep from laughing at his taunting tone and words. “Dick.” She mutters into his smooth black skin.

“A joke, Eddie.” Venom knows he doesn’t have to clarify, but still. He feels her jealousy, lets out a displeased low rumble.

Especially when she tells him, “Yeah, well, it’s not funny.” And then, proceeds to pout quietly as she watches their son... as their son only continues to watch him.

Venom sighs, huge hand sliding up to encase the shoulder that isn’t pressed neatly into his side. He finally tears his eyes away from those little blue eyes and stares down into those breath-taking ocean greens just as she shifts her head to look at him instead, cheek still sweetly pressed to one side of his chest, Dylan resting over the other. “Don’t be ridiculous, Eddie. Of course he loves you just as much.”

Eddie seems to perk up at his tone, brow arching as she rather timidly asks, “You... you can feel him?”

Venom nods, then, scowls when she scowls, because she doesn’t have to even tell him what she’s thinking, not when he can feel it loud and clear before she even has time to cover it up. “Don’t need to feel left out of anything, my love.” He softly promises. “He will soon learn to control his abilities, then, he will be able to show you himself.” He grins proudly, especially when her eyes widen with awe as they flicker back to their son. “But until then, I can show you.”

Eddie nods, cheek rubbing against his chest.

Venom’s grin widens as he does just that, becomes the symbiote hive link between his love and his spawn. He watches her face closely, hand sliding back down to her waist and pulling her closer.

Eddie sucks in a sharp breath when she feels it, feels Dylan’s emotions – hungry and sleepy, mostly, but what makes her almost cry is the happiness she feels, the warmth, the safety, and the love... and even more than that, it’s not some baby score chart of who’s the better parent, who’s his favourite, it’s more like she and Venom are just one big ball of a parent, like he already knows about their bond.