Ugh

He keeps checking his wristwatch as they make idle chitchat, and while Eddie can feel her other half seething every time Uncle Slime Ball touches her – no matter how light the touches – Eddie herself is more amused. ‘Damn, whatever he gave us, I think it’s supposed to be kickin’ in right around now. Keeps checking the time.’

‘Yes, and he’s not subtle. A dead person could read this jackass.’

Eddie chuckles at Uncle Slim Ball’s stupid old man joke, but again, she’s really responding to her other half. ‘Awh, babe, don’t be jealous. You know you’re my only one. And besides, this guy is a lowlife... the kind you eat.’

She adds the last part like she’s trying to persuade him, and Venom grumbles a non intelligible response in return... because of course she doesn’t even need to persuade him... stupid Eddie.

“Hey, how about I get us another drink and we go somewhere a little more private?” He raises his free hand in defence, and before even giving her a chance to reply, he grins cheerily and adds, “No funny business, I promise.”

Venom scoffs loudly in their mind, and Eddie bites back another amused smirk.

“You’re just a lot more fun than these other broads.” He shoots her what he thinks is another charming smirk, then, adds, “You’re a lot more fun to look at, too.”

Eddie can’t help laughing at that, laughing at the absurdity – and pure audacity – of his atrocious flirting, more than actually with him as he chuckles, too. “Well, thank you.”

Venom grumbles, tone rather petulant as he thinks, ‘HE will be a lot more fun to look at once I’m done with him.’

Eddie bites her bottom lip to keep from bursting out laughing, smirks when she sees Uncle Slime Ball’s eyes blatantly tracking the movement.

‘Tell him you would love another drink. And that he should meet you on that balcony we passed on the way to the bathroom.’

‘The smelliest balcony. Got it. My baby’s smart.’

Venom grunts, his tone snooty. ‘I know you are teasing me, Eddie, but yes, I am smart, and yes, I am your baby.’

“I would love another drink. Things will be wrappin’ up here soon, so I think I’m allowed to let loose now.” Eddie grins, tries to hold back more laughter as she lightly runs her fingers down Uncle Slime Ball’s glass-holding arm, sees his pupils dilate instantly, sees him stupidly puff out his chest. Her other half doesn’t say anything, though, he’s still letting out those low and rather edgy growls in their mind as he watches the man very carefully. “Meet me on that balcony down there.” She turns away from him, throws a smirk over her shoulder. “I’ll be waitin’.”

“You won’t be waiting long, honeybun.”

Eddie rolls her eyes as she watches him swiftly turning around and heading back towards the slightly crowded bar. “Ugh.” She wiggles her shoulders, tries and fails to shake off the pure disgust as she walks them back down the (thankfully vacant) hallway.

‘It was flunitrazepam. I think the common name for it is –‘

“Rohypnol, yeah.” Eddie nods, jaw clenched as she grits out the words, “That fuckin’ piece of shit.” She makes her way out onto the balcony, pulls the curtains closed before shutting the glass doors behind them. “If he’s this cocky pullin’ this type of shit at his nephew’s weddin’, fuck knows what else he’s already done.”

Venom feels her anger; bathes in the delightful fires of her fury – the only fire he will ever appreciate. But also, he’s still smart, and so is Eddie. So – ‘Can’t do anything permanent about it here, Eddie. Not now. We can’t do that to Annie. And even if we could, would be too obvious. Annie is right, Eddie, you deserve much more than a life on the run... even if it would totally be awesome, because we can do whatever we want... technically.’