Best Friend

“You are such a pussy, Eddie. I chose the shortest building just for you! It’s good practice!” Venom can only shake his head in disappointment as they finally get through their front door and he is able to seep out of her.

Eddie scoffs. “Well, excuse my pathetic human ass for bein’ afraid of heights.” She grumbles as she shuffles over to the fridge and plucks out a beer can. She makes her way over to the open living room, grabs the remote for the television and kicks off her boots before plopping down on the couch with quiet huff.

“Ridiculous. Even if by some miracle I wasn’t able to catch us in time, I can heal you in an instant!” Venom exclaims as his noodle-head floats after her.

“That is true.” Eddie nods as she cracks the can open. “Hopefully, one day, I’ll finally be OK with the heights thing.” She scowls, shakes her head to herself as she adds, “You’d think the whole eatin’ people thing would take a lot longer to get used to, but... no.”

“We are no different from The Punisher, Eddie.”

“I guess that’s also true... kinda.” Eddie can’t say she disagrees. “And at least with you, you actually need to kill people to survive.”

Venom grins, doesn’t care if he looks as dopey as he feels, because they really were made for one another. And not just in body. “And I must agree with you and Annie; he is rather pleasing to the eye.”

Eddie can’t help chuckling as she clicks the television on. “No arguments there. Are all symbiotes bisexual?” She teases, but she really is curious.

“It doesn’t matter, it’s all the same to us. Because we are symbiotes, there are many different ways for us to reproduce. Some still unknown to us, or undiscovered to many of us. You saw what happened with Kasady and my spawn. That only happens when symbiote is connected to a strong enough host, and the host’s DNA is mixed to create what we consider abominations... I should have told you, I know, but I didn’t want to alarm you... another way for us to respawn... we can impregnate our hosts... all symbiotes can do it... But I would never do that to you, Eddie!”

The last part rushes quickly out of him when he sees her eyes widen slightly in horror, feels the fear rear its ugly head through their bond. “I am not one of them, Eddie. I never really have been. I told you, I’m a loser on my home planet... even more of a loser than you... I am an outcast...”

“It’s OK, V, I know. Calm the fuck down, babe.” Eddie reaches out to pat him on the top of that adorable noodle-head of his. “I know you would never hurt me. I was just... surprised?”

Venom scowls, doesn’t look so convinced. “Scared, Eddie. I can feel you.”

“Not of you, you bobble-headed idiot.” Eddie chuckles lightly when his scowl only deepens into that sweetly concerned look. “I just, uh... no offence, but I hope we never meet another one of you.”

“Me, too. They are all just a bunch of stuck up, MEAN assholes!” Venom scoffs out, because he really couldn’t agree more.

Eddie purses her lips to keep from smirking. Though, he really does make it easy for her to tease him. “I mean... you are kind of a stuck, mean asshole, too, V...”

“Yes, but they are all evil... like soulless evil... I am NO such thing! I HAVE a soul! I like Barry Manilow AND Barbara Streisand! How much more loveable can I possibly be?!”