Both

[Now.]

When Eddie wakes up again, she’s missing the familiar warmth of her other half, both surrounding her and inside of her, though, she can still feel him tethered to her right ankle. On top of that, she can hear him pottering around in the kitchen, as well as him hissing low at the damn chickens to keep quiet whenever they make too big of a noisy fuss.

“I told you, stop being mean! I’m feeding you BOTH! No need to be greedy, Sonny!”

Eddie has to grin at that, because Venom telling someone else to stop being greedy is just too damn funny to her. Her mouth waters as she smells the bacon, which makes her stomach rumble, and goddamn, having mutant brains is way worse than smoking weed when it comes to the munchies part. She glances down at herself, sees the sheets all stained with blood, then instantly feels less hungry and more wired... more concerned... maybe a little disgusted... with herself. She winces at the blood dried to her skin, instantly crawls out of bed and over to the wardrobe.

Venom’s noodle-head comes spiralling into the bedroom, large white eyes creased with worry. “What’s wrong, Eddie?”

Eddie feels his doubts and fears rising so quickly, she has to turn to him and tell him, “No, it’s not us. I’m not worried about us.” She smiles, feels ridiculously shy now as she adds, “Last night was awesome... with you.”

Venom would grin at that, only now he’s taken a moment to calm himself, he can hear her thoughts clearly again. “I had Toxin and Patrick take care of it... No, no. Calm, Eddie. Not gonna let anything bad happen to you.” He floats right over to her when her eyes widen in horror and she furiously shakes her head. Just as quickly, his humanoid body forms underneath his floating head, and he now stands in front of her, half looming over her. “Besides, he deserved far worse than what you did to him. And now, he can never hurt anybody else.”

Eddie lets him crowd her in, even manages to relax just a tiny bit when he lays both hands over her bare shoulders. “Lettin’ you kill for food is SO not the same as me goin’ around killin’ people on some crazy judgment call.”

Venom nods, then, tells her, “And killing someone who deserved far worse still isn’t the same as murdering an innocent person.” He feels her anxiously shaking slightly, feels her heart racing, and sends a tendril out of the room and over to retrieve her robe from behind the bathroom door. He wraps it snugly around her, leans down to press his forehead to hers. That is not what really bothers you, my love.” She stares miserably back up at him, but Venom is still smiling a soft and happy smile as he mumbles the words, “You enjoyed it.”

Eddie ignores the absurd thrill that runs up her spine at his low and annoyingly seductive tone. Instead, she huffs and grumbles out, “I really am fucked up. No help needed, apparently.”

Venom scoffs. “You don’t think The Punisher enjoys what he does? Even just a little bit? Because you don’t willingly sign up to be a marine if you don’t enjoy violence at least a little bit.”

Eddie doesn’t know how he always seems to cheer her up, no matter what, but she always takes any good she can get from life in general. She smiles faintly, puffs out a chuckle, presses her forehead back to his and lets out a sigh as he lets out those adorable rumblings. “He did actually end up winning his last court case.” Eddie mumbles out.

Venom grins, eyes glued to hers and lit with utter delight as he says, “I remember the photos Annie showed us. I’ve never seen such brutality come from one human. It was beautiful, Eddie, just like that dangerous spark inside of you... The Punisher would make a fucking awesome host.”