Hurt

“Eddie...”

“Mm – what?”

“It is Toxin... We are dreaming again.”

Eddie blinks, takes a moment to register his words before slowly pulling herself up into a sitting position.

He’s in full form once again – a lot less bulky, unlike Venom, and a lot more lean and slightly lithe – perched on the end of her bed again, head tilted as he stares back at her.

“It’s only been a few days – you already found something?” Eddie sits cross-legged as she stares back at him.

Toxin nods, tells her, “Found many things.”

“OK...” Eddie sighs quietly before just as quietly and warily asking, “How bad is it?”

“Not bad. Not good.” Toxin tells her, “Venom is older than he knows. Second of our kind. First of his kind.”

Eddie’s eyes widen with a little shock, but she’s mostly just surprised. “Wait, so... Venom’s father was All-Black?”

Venom has only told her a little about “the Necrosword” and now she understands why.

Toxin gives a small smile. “He has told you of our history.”

It’s not a question, but Eddie answers anyway. “Yeah, but I’m pretty nosey, so...”

Toxin’s smile widens in fondness at her casual little shrug – that’s the same shrug Pac does when he’s feeling all bashful.

Shit...” Eddie breathes, a little awed by this new information. “So, V is the second symbiote ever created...”

Toxin finds himself fascinated by how fascinated Eddie is – he and Pac haven’t been together long enough for them to have those kind of real talks, but Toxin hopes his own host will be just as interested. He carries on with telling her what he managed to dig up through Venom’s muddled and buried memories. “I was right. Venom is special. For a time, Knull did not notice, because at first, Venom did as he was bid. It was all he knew. And he was good at what he did. A fighter. A soldier. A warrior... A weapon... He did so well, Knull even replaced All-Black’s position with him.”

“Wow, bet daddy dearest loved that.” Eddie scoffs out.

Toxin smirks. “He found his way to a goddess of death. But that is a story for another time.”

Eddie’s eyes widen slightly again. “Oh, I’m definitely gonna need either you or V to tellin’ me that story.”

“Deal.” Toxin nods, then, carries on, “With Venom as his weapon, Knull took even more enjoyment over slaying any Celestials that dared light up the Darkness with their creations... worlds like this one. He created many more symbiotes as the years went on, as his campaign for nothingness went on. And then, his first mistake... forcing Venom to bond with his first host. Venom refused, feeling cast out and betrayed by his creator. Knull forced him anyway. When he bonded to the Celestial, its mind showed him all that could be, all that he could be, more than just a weapon. He felt an instant bond with the Celestial, like nothing he’d ever felt... until he met you.”

Eddie narrows her eyes at him, shoots him a clear withering look.

Toxin smirks again. Not taunting. Promise.” He chuckles quietly at her little huff, then, continues, “After that, what little of the other symbiotes Venom managed to convert to his new way of thinking had all been slaughtered by their creator. But Venom chose to protect his Celestial host, already powerful apart, but combined, they almost managed to destroy Knull, for good.”