We Are

[Now.]

“Is this really necessary?” Eddie asks, is only teasing him to distract herself from the fluttering nerves. His large inky hands are placed gently, but firmly over her closed eyes as he slowly guides her up the stairwell.

“I’m being romantic.” Venom grins to himself. “And it’s a surprise, so yes, it’s completely necessary.”

Eddie huffs, but has to bite back an excited grin. “Just make sure I don’t fall flat on my face. I can’t see shit.”

“Which is the whole point, Eddie.”

Eddie chuckles at his smug tone, is then cursing under her breath when she mistakes the next step. She almost loses her footing, and not like it would matter anyway when he can heal her almost instantly, but her alien gentleman is still there to catch her all the same.

She feels a thick tendril wrap around her waist and pull her upright again before she hears his soft rumbling words, “I got us.”

“Thanks, love.”

“Welcome.” Venom grins at the back of her lovely head of hair right as he feels her cheeks lift with her own smile under his hands. “Almost there.”

“I still don’t get why you’re coverin’ my eyes when I know we’re headin’ to the rooftop.” Eddie is pretty much only talking now to cover up the nervousness she feels. A good kind of nervous, but nervous all the same.

Venom chuckles, shakes his head as they finally reach the top. He smirks to himself as he leans down, his maw hovering inches from her right ear as he mumbles, “So impatient.” He grins triumphantly to himself when he feels her shiver, feels her fighting with herself not to lean back against him, sends another tendril out to push the door open for them. And as he guides her onto the rooftop, his mind can’t help hearing himself say those words to her as she begs him to touch her... Focus! Thankfully, Eddie speaks up again and his mind doesn’t get the chance to wander too far off.

Eddie waits until he halts both their steps before asking, “Are we there yet?”

Venom chuckles. He slowly steps in front of her, hands finally sliding from her eyes, though, he still keeps the view hidden from her. He leans down again, this time to press his forehead to hers, tendril still wrapped securely around her waist as he lets out a low and affectionate rumbling. “We are.”

His eyes slowly slip shut, just as Eddie’s eyes spring open. His mouth is closed, fangs hidden, along with that (monstrous... monstrously... “fascinating” – ugh, she needs help!) tongue of his, milky eyes hidden by the oily black soft lines of his lids. She stares back at him, has never seen him look so... peaceful.

“Love her so much it hurts... Think she loves me, too...”

Eddie feels her heart absolutely melt, and before it can go on to hammer out of her chest, she finds herself slowly leaning in. It’s just a simple and quick press of her lips to his before she’s just as slowly pulling away.

Venom’s eyes spring open and he looks shocked at first, then, pleasantly surprised, and then, disbelieving. Though, when Eddie shoots him that lovely – blinding – smile of hers, he almost loses all track of any thoughts. They stare at one another for a moment before she’s slowly lifting a hand to his face. He simply can’t help it when she presses her hand to his cheek and his eyes fall shut again.

He leans into her touch, letting out those pleased low rumblings, and Eddie’s heart is clenching so wonderfully, it almost feels painful. “We are.” She tells him, because she knows the real meaning to him behind those two words. She can’t help smile when his eyes spring open again and he’s giving her an adorably unsure look. “I do love you, Venom. You don’t ever need to think twice about that fact.”