Hazardous

[Virginia, 2044/47.]

“EDDIE!!!”

He doesn’t see the Spider-Man, too, more sees through the web slinger's eyes as he sails through the air in a furious rush. He feels Peter’s horror and fear – along with his own – as both their eyes (in one mind) fall onto the broken limbed and bloody body lying motionless on top of the smashed and dented car it just landed – was thrown down – onto. He feels the panic flaring up in the friendly neighbourhood hero, feels his own heart stop and then crumble as he lays eyes on his mother...

“Eddie! No, no, no. Oh, God.” Peter is mumbling, talking more to himself, talking just to make himself feel better, just to hopefully calm himself enough to help his friend. He lands less graceful than usual, trips a couple of times as he rushes over to her. “Eddie! Oh, please don’t be dead! I’m sorry! I saw you falling and I couldn’t get to you in time! I was really trying, but the stupid symbiotes got in the way! No offence to your other half... who isn’t with you right now. Oh, God... Eddie? What do I do?” He looms over her, perches on the roof of the smashed up car, stays with her while he tries to process, tries to think of a next move, while not knowing whether to move her or not. “Tony? Sam? Nat? Anybody hearing me? Shit!” He hisses when he gets no answer, rips out his ear piece in a huff and tosses it aside.

At least he can still hear her heart beating. It’s faint, but still fighting valiantly... on it's own... Venomless... But then, she surprises him by trying to speak.

“Dylan...” Eddie croaks, eyes blurred, with her own blood, she’s sure. “Peter... take... Dylan... to Sleeper... please...”

From beyond, from before any of this has even happened, Dylan watches in his mind, heart clenching in misery.

“Hey, no, it’s gonna be OK, OK? I’m right here. I’m not going anywhere. And neither are you. You’re not done yet, Brock, you hear me?” Peter shoots her the best smile he can muster up, gently begins to wrap her up in his webbing. “Shh, shh. I know. I’m sorry. Almost done.” He tries to keep his voice soothing and calm as she groans in pain while he shifts her around as carefully as he possibly can – and he’s got pretty steady hands, even for a super human, so he can’t imagine how much pain she must be in. “There. D–done, and oh... my fuck...”

Eddie can barely hear him anymore as she slips further and further away into that more and more persuasive darkness beckoning her closer and closer.

Dylan’s eyes widen behind Peter’s, both their hearts hammering in even more horror as they see the symbiote infested heroes advancing on them. Amongst the horde of symbiote dragons and God damn Celestials, and poor innocent civilians, there stands Peter’s friends. He can see almost everybody has been captured – at the front, seemingly leading the rest, is Sam, Bucky, Quill and fucking Jean (he’s so fucked if he doesn’t run.) Carol isn’t too far behind with Storm, both flying above the armies, drawing closer and closer. He sees Jen and Bruce, sees Yolena and Clint, Ben and Sue and Reed, Logan and Scott and Hank, Groot and also, Bob, and many more, so fucking many more. He even sees some of his old high school friends – even idiot Flash – gunning straight for him.

Though, he doesn’t spot Tony anywhere, or Nat. He wonders if they’re still alive, or much worse.

“OK, time to go, all our friends are trying to kill us.” Peter hops gracefully over her, now perched by her shoulders, and finally, pulls off his half torn up mask, tosses it aside – because it’s not like secret identities even matter right now. She groans again, and he gently shushes her as he pulls her now securely web wrapped limbs slowly and carefully up over his shoulder. He turns to see the horde just a couple of blocks away from them now, then, feels his heart sag with relief at the sight of a familiar and very welcome flaming face. Though, Peter has to admit that watching the small flaming man burn his way through a symbiote dragon the size of a small skyscraper is something he will never forget.