Seduce Me

[Virginia, 2035.]

“Welcome home, baby.” Eddie sighs contently as he wraps his arms around her, wraps her arms tightly around him, too, and presses a kiss to the top of his mop.

Dylan chuckles, presses his cheek against her now slightly flatter stomach, mumbles his words there, “I’m no longer the baby, so find another nickname for me.”

Eddie chuckles.

“Is he here? Is my brother here?” Dylan asks, glances around their home, looks confused as he glances back at his mother. “And I can’t feel dad. What –“

“They'll be back soon. Just spendin’ a little time alone together, makin’ up for the lost time, even if it was only for a few months. Felt like an eternity bein’ away from you and your dad.” Eddie explains. “Your little brother is able to host him, just like you can.” She tells him, wears a proud grin. “He’s special, just like you, just like your dad.”

Dylan’s eyes widen in amazement. “A symbiote hosting a symbiote. That’s wild.”

Eddie chuckles, presses a sloppy kiss to his cheek, chuckles again when he groans and playfully shoves her away from him.

“And you’re the special one, mom.” Dylan tells her with a smile just as proud as her own, chuckles when she wrinkles her nose in that endearing way she does. And then, because he’s still an 11 year old, he really can’t contain his excitement (much like his father) as his eyes light up and he’s firing out all the questions he thought up on the ride home Clint gave him. “Does he know about me? Is he OK with me? Does he know I can’t wait to meet him? Does he even really wanna meet me? Does he have any other awesome powers? I bet he’s stronger than dad – is he? Is he stronger than? Oh, I don’t even know if I’m jealous or not if he is! A symbiote sibling! I mean! NOT that a human sibling wouldn’t have been awesome, too! And you and dad will have more kids, right? So it’s totally –“

“Whoa. Hold it right there.” Eddie is scowling, but trying not to laugh at his adorable enthusiasm. “I literally gave birth a few months ago. Let’s take things one step at a time, shall we?”

“Right.” Dylan nods, grins sheepishly, mumbles, “Sorry.” He shakes his head at himself, takes her hands gently in his own. “You shouldn’t be on your feet. Lemme take of you.”

Eddie is smiling with both glee and amusement as she lets her son walk her over to the couch before carefully sitting her down. “And here I was, plannin’ your little welcome home party.” She chuckles when he rolls his eyes, then, pouts as she tells him, “I got Uncle Dan to bake you a cake and everythin’.”

Dylan pauses for a moment, eyes slightly narrowed as he asks, “Chocolate velvet?”

Eddie nods. “Your dad and your brother both have their own, too. Pure chocolate, of course. Only the best for my babies.”

Dylan huffs. “OK, we can still have the cakes.” He shoots her a playful glare when she chuckles, though, he tries to sound as authorative as he can as he says, “But you should be taking it easy.” He can’t help smirking a little as he asks her, “Has dad been obsessing over you?” He chuckles when she shoots him a withering glare – all the answer he needs. “I bet he’s been insufferable since he came back to you.”

Eddie throws her head back into the couch with a low groan. “I love him, but he needs to relax. He won’t even lemme poop in peace. What does he think is gonna happen to me?”

“That the evil toilet will come alive and steal your soul?” Dylan supplies with a small grin.

Eddie rolls her eyes, but can’t help chuckling. “Very funny.” Still, she’s totally serious when she hurriedly says, “But don’t tell your dad about the evil toilet thing. He’ll take it seriously, and I will end up puttin’ him on a timeout.”