Candy

For more the sake of his rather than her own, Eddie manages to escape the clutches of Uncle Slime Ball. Though, it’s more because everybody’s focus is then on the bride and groom as they arrive to the dance hall, hand in hand, and looking happier than she’s ever seen them – than she’s ever seen Anne.

‘Are you not happy, too, Eddie?’ Comes Venom’s slightly timid tone.

Eddie smiles at the couple – flocked by their enthusiastic guests – nods as she tells him, “Of course I’m happy, babe. She deserves this. They both do. Dan’s a really good guy.”

Venom grunts his agreement, but that isn’t what he meant.

Eddie’s expression softens as she realises. “I’m more than happy, V, if it’s us you’re talking about.” She chuckles when she hears his pleased rumblings in their mind. “Ohh, Cameo. You love this song.” She grins, chuckles again when she sees the married couple already dancing.

‘CANDY!!’

‘It’s like candy,
I can feel it when you walk,
Even when you talk,
It takes over me... ’

‘You’re so dandy, Eddie!’

‘I wanna know,
Can you feel it, too,
Just like I do...’

“Wanna dance with the happy couple?” Eddie asks, smirks, because she already knows the answer.

‘Yes! Go now! It’s already starting now!’

Eddie laughs, swallows down the rest of her fifth brandy and slowly dances her way into the crowds, somehow manages to pass through the other guests and finally reach the married couple.

“Veddie!” Anne is clearly excited to see them both, and it’s literally the only reason Eddie lets her get away with that.

‘It’s the same feeling –‘

I always seem to get around yoooou – hello, Annie!’

Eddie can’t help the stupid giggle that pours out of her mouth as she feels the symbiote literally dancing inside of her... it tickles.

‘There’s no mistaking;
I’m clearly taken –‘

‘By the simple mere thought of yoooou...’

Anne pulls Eddie beside her, Dan, too wrapping an arm around her shoulders, his other arm around his new wife’s waist as the four of them dance together.

Eddie presses a kiss to Anne’s forehead, slips an arm around both their waists and gives the couple an affectionate squeeze. “Congratulations, guys!” She yells over the music just loud enough.

Anne chuckles when a small black tendril briefly shoots out of Eddie’s hip, forms a hand of its own to shake Dan’s hand.

Dan shakes it happily, grins, then, presses a sloppy kiss to both the women’s cheeks.

‘I will allow it. He’s a married man now. Just like me.’

‘Very mature. And political.’ Eddie laughs when he merely grunts in response.

[2 Hours Later.]

‘If he follows you to the bathroom, I’m going to kill him.’

A couple of hours later and Eddie finds herself literally jogging to get away from Uncle Slime Ball.

‘If he follows me to the bathroom, I’ll kill him before you get the chance to, babe.’