workplace romance part 1 | jude bellingham

when you started working at dortmund, you gained close relationships with quite a few of the players, especially jude. the two of you had hit it off straight away, and had been good friends since the day you met him.

however, you had always felt more for him than what someone would normally feel for their friend. you never let those feelings show, though, not only because you were terrified of how he would react, not knowing if he felt the same about you, but also wanted to keep you relationship strictly as a friendship, as you didn't want to make the work environment awkward for everyone else.

so, when it came down to doing content days, you were always so stressed out because there was so much work to do with each of the players, so you didn't really get that much of a break, let alone enough time to spend with anyone having meaningless conversations.

but jude, being the clingy boy that he was, wanted to spend as much time as he possibly could with you, even though you kept telling him that you were busy.

"jude, i can't keep talking to you, i'm very busy, and i've still got so much more work to do," you say with a smile on your face, because even though he was slowly starting to drive you insane, in truth, you wouldn't want anyone else driving you insane.

"i know, you keep telling me. but aren't i your work anyway," he wiggled his eyebrows at you, following you down the corridor that you had just walked down.

you saw him follow into step beside you out of the corner of your eye, "seeing as though you seem to be obsessed with me today, how about you come 'round to mind tonight, and i can make you dinner or something?"

"sounds great," he flashed you a huge smile, before you had to go your separate ways.

during the rest of the day, whenever you were working behind the cameras and jude was in the room, you would always catch him looking at you and vice versa. a small smirk would appear on his face whenever he would catch your eye, making your stomach flutter and your heart melt at the sight of his eyes lighting up. each time he looked away, you would let out a huge sigh, your mood going from ten to one at the thought that the boy you loved might never be yours.