˖°🦇ִ ࣪𖤐 s'more for me; pedri gonzalez

notes: this is part of my spooky season that i'm hosting on my tumblr. (link in bio to my blog)

˖°🦇ִ ࣪𖤐

your cheeks were warm from the heat of the flames, the crackling sound of the fire filled in the gaps in your conversation. you were sitting around the fire in your best friend, sofia's, garden, the lot of you wrapped in blankets and the thickest coats you owned, and those of you that were sitting next to someone were huddled as close to them as your bodies would allow.

pedri was by your side, just like he always was whenever he could be. his gloved hand was interlocked with yours as your head rested on his shoulder.

"let me go and get the marshmallows," sofia said, standing up from her seat that was directly across from yours, making her way back into the house.

"why would we want marshmallows?" pedri asked from beside you, an adorable scrunch in his eyebrows.

"we're going to make s'mores," you told him with a small smile on your face that was only half-visible behind your coat, which was zipped up as high as it could have been.

"what are s'mores?"

"you don't know what s'mores are?" you looked at pedri, confused. "they're a toasted marshmallow that you have in between two cookies, you can also have some chocolate in there, too, which makes them taste even better. i'm sure you'll love them."

sofia walked back into the garden, arms full of supplies. "let's make some s'mores!"

*ੈ♡⸝⸝🪐༘⋆

holding the large marshmallows over the fire, you and your friends talked about everything and nothing, how your weeks had been, conspiracy theories, and many other things.

"is anyone ready for their cookies?" sofia asked, holding up the small bag that had been sitting beside her.

"i am," you nudged pedri on the arm. "you are, too."

sofia handed you four cookies, plus a big enough piece of chocolate so the two of you could share. you helped pedri assemble his s'more, as he didn't know what he was doing having never had one before.

"there's yours," you hand him the sweet treat, hesitating to take the first bite from yours so you can watch his reaction to tasting it for the first time.

pedri takes a bite, chewing the cookie a few times before he conveys his opinion in his facial expression. "i don't like it."

your eyes could have popped out of your head at his statement. "what do you mean you don't like it? they're delicious."

he shook his head. "no, they're not. here you can have it."

he handed you his s'more while you still stared at him in disbelief. once you had gotten over your shock, you looked down at the two snacks in your hands. shrugging, you said, "well, i supposed there's more for me." 

˖°🦇ִ ࣪𖤐