my winner | pablo gavi

you were so proud of pablo when he got called up to the national team, especially since this was for a world cup, and you were even prouder now watching him play in his first game. you were incredibly lucky to be watching the game in person, making sure you took loads of pictures to commemorate the huge occasion.

he had started the game, and he, along with the rest of the team, was playing amazing. it was just goal after goal for the spanish side, with the team being three nil up at half time, giving them a comfortable lead going into the break.

the second half started off slower than what everyone had experienced in the first. a goal from ferran torres came in the 54th minute, but it wasn't until the 74th minutes, twenty minutes later, that the spaniards were able to net another one, coming from a wonder shot from pablo himself.

when he struck the ball and hit the back of the net, you jumped up, cheering for him, so so proud and excited for him. at only eighteen years old he had started his first world cup game, and then had the quality to score such an amazing goal.

the end of the game couldn't have come quicker, you needed to see pablo to congratulate him. so, after the long wait of the players doing interviews and things, the players were finally able to come back and see their friends and family for a little bit, before they had to go back inside in order to head back to camp.

as eager as you were to see him, you let him have a moment with his family before he came over to you. he was beaming when he saw you, which you definitely mirrored.

"hey," you whispered, before he pulled you into a hug. the two of you clung to each other, heads resting against each other's necks, as you just soaked up the entire moment.

before pulling away from him, you said lowly in his ear, "i'm so proud of you. so proud."

you were getting a little bit choked up, and when the two of you finally pulled apart he noticed. and you could also see in his eyes that he was also getting emotional. this was a big moment for him after all.

"seriously, pablo, you were incredible, and you scored! how cool is that?" you exclaimed, your smile reaching your ears.

"i know, it's insane," he shook his head slightly.

you cupped his cheeks and pressed a soft kiss against his lips, resting your forehead against his, embracing this special moment.