first time father | erling haaland

when you saw erling with your little girl for the first time your heart became mush. he was shirtless in the chair beside your bed, the nurses telling you how important skin-to-skin contact was, and when he held her small body against his, you'd never felt more love in your entire life.both of his big hands pretty much covered her entire body as he held her with so much gentleness, not wanting to hurt her at all. you could see his blue eyes tear up as he stared down at her, knowing that his heart was filled with just as much love as yours was. while you were pregnant, there was a time when erling had voiced his doubts to you about being a parent.all his fears were completely normal, not thinking he would be good enough, but you quickly reassured him, telling him that he would be an incredible father.and you were right.he took to the role of being a dad like a fish to water. a couple of days before you gave birth, he made sure to baby-proof everything. even though your daughter would be spending most of her first couple of months in your arms or her crib, not near the corners of your coffee table.and when she arrived, he was even better. every time he heard her crying, he would rush to get up and get her, holding her, close to him, whispering how much he loved her, and giving her all the kisses she deserved.you loved seeing the man that you loved so much, treat something you both created out of love with so much tenderness, and it made you the happiest person alive knowing that your daughter was going to grow up with a father who absolutely adored her.