looking after him | jude bellingham

you could see how every training session and game had been affecting him. he'd come home, and he'd be wincing in pain, you could tell he was going easy on it even when he was around the house. always putting his leg up to rest when he could, and you'd always see him trying to stretch his shoulder in hopes to ease most of the pain he felt there.

but even though he was clearly in pain the majority of the time with his injuries, he never complained once. he just dealt with it. you hated seeing him injured, and you hated him for the fact that he refused to tell anyone at he was injured including you. so you wanted to see if you could try and ease some of his pain without coming across as if you were trying to tell him what to do.

"do you want me to massage your leg?" you asked him after seeing him wince while he was getting in bed. you knew that he wasn't going to tell you outright that he was in pain, so you asked him in a way that he'd know that you knew, but also in a way that would help him, if he accepted your offer.

jude looked at you, a hint of defeat on his face after finding out that you knew he was injured. "if you wouldn't mind."

you moved to sit on the bed beside him after you grabbed your massage oil out of your bedside table. "you know, you should have just told me about it." his eyes fluttered closed at the movement of your hands against his pained leg. "i knew pretty quickly that you were injured anyway, and i don't like it when you play a full game, or when you train knowing that you're in pain."

"it's not that bad," he said, just before he let out another wince.

"well it doesn't seem like it," you told him. "promise me you're going to tell the staff at dortmund that you're in pain, they'll give you a rest, i'm sure of it. i don't want to you getting hurt even more, jude."

jude let out a sigh, both at what you had said to him and for the feeling of finally getting some relief on his knee. "i will. thank you for looking after me."

"no problem," you pressed a soft kiss to his forehead before getting started on massaging his shoulder.