˖°🦇ִ ࣪𖤐 trick or sweet; erling haaland

notes: this is part of my spooky season that i'm hosting on my tumblr. (link in bio to my blog)

˖°🦇ִ ࣪𖤐

it was a quiet night, filled with nothing but you and erling curled up on the couch, bingeing your current favourite tv show, serenaded by the gentle rhythm of autumn rain hitting the windows.

it was nearing midnight when the pair of you decided it would probably be a good idea to head up to bed. "wait, what are you doing?"

erling, after standing up from the couch and switching off the tv, had turned to you, wrapped his large arms around your body. "taking you to bed."

you let out a soft laugh at his actions. knowing that this was one of his favourite ways to take you to bed, you clung to him like a koala would a tree trunk as he headed towards the stairs.

erling was just about to place his foot on the bottom step when you clocked the bowl on the side cabinet near the door, the one you had placed there earlier that day so you could put the sweets for the trick-or-treaters in. the sweets you had forgotten to buy.

"shit!" you said, moving your legs from where they were wrapped around your boyfriend's waist and placing them on the floor.

"what? it something wrong?" erling's brow was furrowed as he looked down at you, worry clouding his eyes.

"i forgot to buy the sweets for tomorrow," you let out a sigh.

erling turned to where he knew you had placed the bowl before turning to look at you with a slightly less worried look on his face. "hey, it's fine, you can just get them tomorrow can't you."

"i don't think i'll have the time, i said i'd go out shopping with my mum tomorrow, and you know what she's like, i'll never get back with time to spare."

you pondered for a little while. you had been so excited for this halloween with it being the first that you and erling were spending together in your own home, and everyone knew it was your favourite holiday and that you had been planning things to do for weeks. trick or treating was one of your favourite things to do as a child, and you were so excited to be on the other side of the door, watching all the kid's faces light up at the sweets you had to offer them, but you currently didn't have any to offer them.

"can we go now?" you put on your best puppy dog eyes for erling, practically begging for him to take you to the nearest supermarket.

"now? but it's almost midnight." he looks down at the watch on his wrist.

"but please, i really want to have some for the kids that come, i don't want to be one of those houses that has to turn children away or simply just refuses to open the door. please, erling." you stare into his blue eyes. "you're not going to get recognised, not at this time, and even if you do, there's only going to be a few people around anyway."

erling lets out a sigh. "okay, fine, start putting your shoes on while i go and grab our coats."

you couldn't help but do a little happy dance before heading down the few steps you had climbed to put your shoes on.

your local 24-hour supermarket was only a couple of minutes away in the car, so it took you little to no time to get there at all, especially with the lack of traffic on the roads. upon entry to the store, you grabbed a basket before heading directly to the sweets aisle, the shelves looking extra full due to the time of dinner, and the fact that they had most likely not long since done a restock.

"right," erling said from beside you. "which ones shall we get?"

"we should probably get a mixture of gummies and chocolate, and also see if they do any vegan ones just in case, you know."

you both got to work putting various bags of candy in your basket and it didn't take long for it to be packed to the brim, so full that you had to hand the basket to erling, as it was becoming too heavy to carry.

once the two of you were sat back in the car, you looked down at the two bags of sweets you had, erling did, too. "you think we've got enough?" he joked.

you tapped his chest lightly. "it's for the kids, at least they'll be able to take a couple."

erling watched as you smiled, excited, just at the thought of what the next day had to hold. "i love you."

you turned to him, your huge smile still spread across your face. "i love you, too. you know, i'm glad we're not still kids and you're on a strict diet, because i know for a fact half of these would be gone by lunchtime tomorrow."