paddock prince | jamal musiala

it was tough for jamal to get to races, especially because the vast majority of his games took place at the weekend, he was only able to come to the races when sunday was his day off. he of course could be there during the summer break, like you were for his matches when it was the winter break, but because his being there was so rare, you made sure to savour every second he was there with you.

you had just finished your media duties after the race when you went on the lookout for jamal. your first thought was to look in your driver's room, which is most likely where he would be, seeing as though that was where he spent the majority of his time if you were off doing something.

but to your surprise, he wasn't there, so you made your way to the garage, where you thought you'd maybe find him, yet again, getting a tour of your steering wheel. however, after asking a few engineers if they had seen him, you were lost, you didn't have a clue where he would be.

so you just start wandering the paddock mindlessly in the hope that you would find him, making sure to text him to tell him you were looking for him, but he was yet to respond. it wasn't until you had given up your "search", and were on your way back to the garage, that you spotted him.

he was talking to a group of pundits, who you recognised as the sky crew. you were confused as to why they were talking to him, especially at this time, because you knew he had been interviewed by martin brundle before when he was on the grid before a race, but this was usually the time when they were giving analysis on the race, and speaking to a footballer wasn't going to get them much of that.

you edged closer, standing off to the side, out of the camera shot, but close enough so you could hear them. you could hear one of them ask jamal: "what's it like being here, supporting someone so closely?"

"it's great," jamal replied. "i've known y/n for a very long time, way before we even got together, and it's always been her dream to be a formula one driver, so it's a privilege that i get to watch her race and support her with everything is can. she's worked so hard to get here, you know, there's few people who deserve it more than she does, and i'm just so happy for her and so happy that i get to witness her live her dream."

your heart could have burst. hearing him speak of you so highly made you melt, and at that moment you wanted nothing more than to hug him, but you waited until they had finished speaking to him before you approached him.

"i heard all of that, you know," you told him, his back still turned to you.

jamal was quick to turn around, a huge smile on his face when he saw you. "i didn't realise you were there. i was looking for you and they found me and wanted to speak to me, so i couldn't pass on the opportunity to talk about you."

you smiled up at him before standing on your tiptoes so you could press a short kiss onto his lips, knowing that there would most likely be a camera around, you wanted to keep your affections short.

"well thank you for saying those things, they mean everything to me." you truly meant that. you knew you always had jamal's support, even if he wasn't at the races you knew he would be watching at home, but seeing him talk about you with such pride made your heart swell.