˖°🦇ִ ࣪𖤐 not so sweet corn; jamal musiala

notes: this is part of my spooky season that i'm hosting on tumblr. (link in bio to my blog)

˖°🦇ִ ࣪𖤐

"are you sure it's not that scary?" jamal asked, your intertwined hands swinging in between the two of you, as you walked towards the entrance to the corn maze.

"i promise, it's really not that scary," you tell him, squeezing his hand in an act of reassurance. "i've been coming here since i was a child and i didn't really find it to be too scary back then, so i'm sure you'll e fine. plus, you're going to be with me the whole time and i'll make sure that you're protected from anything bad, don't worry."

"okay," jamal says, letting out a shaky breath. "but if it scares me, i swear i'm not going to talk to you for a whole week."

*ੈ♡⸝⸝🪐༘⋆

it didn't take long into the maze for the first person to jump out at you, not even a full thirty seconds. it was a clown, with a white face with "blood" smeared around its mouth. it jumped, landing in front of the two of you, and screaming in your face.

you jumped back a little, body tensing for a mere second before relaxing with a smile appearing on your lips. jamal, however, pretty much matched the scream of the clown, if not louder. he flung his entire body backwards, launching himself behind you, burying his face into your neck. you guessed he most likely had his eyes squeezed shut like he usually did whenever he was scared.

you couldn't help but laugh, doubling over a little, the weight of jamal still on your back as he refused to move.

"you said it wasn't going to be scary," you heard jamal mumble into your shoulder, his arms clutching your waist tightly.

"oh, come on, it wasn't that bad. we've got to keep going, though, otherwise, we won't be able to get out."

jamal sighed, lifting his head up, frantically checking his surroundings. "fine, but i'm shutting my eyes and staying behind you. you can just guide me and protect me from any evil that might come my way." 

˖°🦇ִ ࣪𖤐