flowers | jude bellingham

jude had made it somewhat a tradition to give you flowers once a week. you never knew what day it would be, but without fail, he would bring you flowers of different varieties.

you loved receiving the flowers, appreciating the gesture more than anything. knowing that whenever he went past a florist, he thought of you, making a quick trip inside to look for a bunch of your favourites.

but there was a small part of you that felt a little guilty. you weren't someone who necessarily wanted to receive gifts often, never really liking your birthday or christmas, due to the fact that you usually had to plaster a smile on your face when you received something that someone thought that you might like, but didn't really like at all.

jude's flower gesture was so genuine. it started when he had seen your garden back at your parents house, where you had a little flowerbed, from where you would make bunches of flowers, which you would give to your family members.

so when you moved to germany with him, he wanted to bring you something that reminded you of home, so you wouldn't miss it too much.

but you wanted to give him something in return, something that would put a smile on your face just as much as the flowers did yours.

you were walking through the city, looking in the window of several shops, until you stumbled across an adorable, little florist. you couldn't help yourself but go in, the smell of fresh flowers immediately hitting your nose, reminding you of all the times you had been in a florist as a kid, in awe of all of the different colours and shapes of the flowers.

after browsing for a couple of minutes, an idea came into your head. "do you mind if i make my own bunch?" you asked the shopkeeper behind the counter.

"no, of course not, help yourself," she smiled at you.

you grabbed flowers, ones that reminded you of the man that you loved. picking the ones that reminded you of his personality, or ones that had come up on your afternoon walks that had stuck in your head, keeping memories locked in your brain.

when you got home from the florist, you went straight to the living room where you found jude watching tv. you held out the bunch of flowers to him.

"what are these?" he asks, hesitantly taking the flowers from your hand.

"they're for you. i've always wanted to give you something back after you've given me so many flowers over our time together. but i could never think of anything to give you, so i thought, why not give you flowers. men never get given flowers, but they should. everyone should have flowers, and the lovely lady at the florist let me pick these out specially for you."

he looked up at you with a slight blush on his cheeks. "well, these are lovely, thank you so much. shall i get a vase?" he jumped up, mimicking the way that you would rush to get a vase after every bunch of flowers he gave you, eliciting a laugh from you, as you settled onto the sofa where he had been. you smiled knowing that he liked his gift, watching him place them in the vase, rearranging them a little before he placed it on the coffee table in front of you.