i'm sorry | pedri gonzalez

pedri had woken up in a bad mood. from the minute the two for you had gotten out of bed, to the moment he left for training. you didn't know what was wrong, so you just hoped for the best, and that he'd be in a good mood by the time he made it home that evening.

you decided it would be a good idea, in an effort to cheer him up, to make his favourite meal, and have it ready for when he came home. you had also set up the couch in the living room with blankets and pillows so the two of you could spend the night watching a movie, in hopes that it would relieve some of the tension that he had felt in the morning.

it was nearing 5pm when he arrived home from training, and you had just finished setting up the table, lighting a few candles to create a relaxing atmosphere for him to walk into after his long day.

when pedri walked through the door, you went to greet him. "hi, mi amor. how was your day?" you say, wrapping your arms around him and pulling him into a hug.

he reluctantly wrapped his arms around your waist. "it was okay," he mumbled, before pulling away and putting his stuff away.

you followed him into the kitchen/dining area, where your food was ready on the table. "i made your favourite, and i thought we could have a chill night before you play tomorrow, maybe watch a movie or something."

he looked at everything you had set out for him, brows furrowed as he let out a sigh. "i was kinda just planning on having a shower then getting ready for bed. i've had a long day, and i'm really tired," he leaves the room, barely acknowledging you.

you follow him up the stairs and into your bedroom, already feeling angry. "are you serious?" you ask, furious.

he looks at you confused, "serious about what?"

"about everything. first you wake up in a mood, barely speaking to me this morning, and then secondly i do all of that to try and cheer you up, but you can't even say thank you let alone eat the meal i just spent the last hour making for you, because i stupidly thought that maybe it would cheer you up. what's wrong, pedri? because i know i haven't done anything wrong, so why are you taking it all out on me?" you almost yell.

"well, what do you want me to do? i didn't tell you to do any of that, did i? i just wanted to come home and have a quiet night, i don't want to have to deal with you all in my face from the minute i come home."

you shake your head and let out a little laugh, "if you don't want to deal with me, then i'll leave. if you want to be alone, you can be alone."

his face drops when he sees you grab your bag and start to pack it. "that's not what i meant and you know that, i've just had a really bad day, and i just want to sleep it off. please don't leave, y/n," his eyes plead with yours as he grabs your hand just as you're about to walk out of the door.

"no, pedro. i'm going to go, just for tonight. i think we both just need to be away from each other for a little while," you tell him, leaning in to press a kiss to his cheek, before you turn and leave.

"wait." he says, you stop in your tracks halfway down the stairs, turning to look at him. "you'll be at the game, right?"

"i always am, pedri," you give him a small smile, turning to walk out of the door.

☀︎☽☆☾☀︎

you would have been lying if you said that the night you had spent without pedri wasn't hell. it took you forever to get to sleep, thinking about him and the look on his face when you left. you wished you could have just taken him into your arms then and there, holding him until all of his problems had escaped him, but you knew that you weren't in the right headspace to do so, so you went to stay with your friend for the night, who was more than happy to let you crash in her spare room.

you spent the day there until it was time to leave for the game, where you were occupying your usual seat, the one that pedri always left free for you. it was never in doubt that you would be at the game to support him today, no argument could ever get in the way of how much support you gave him, and today was no different.

just as the match was about to kick off, he looked over to your usual spot, a smile appearing on his face when he saw that you were sat in your seat. he blew you a kiss, just like he normally did at every game, and you waved back, silently wishing him all the luck in the world.

there was quite a bit of action in the first half, both teams having their chances. but it wasn't until the 35th minute that the blaugrana took the lead with a goal from your pedri. you made sure, just like every other time, that you were the loudest person cheering for him in the entire stadium, making your support for him heard.

you watched as he did his signature celebration, but this time, instead of running back into position, he held his hands up in the shape of a heart in your direction, before holding his fingers up in the form of your first initial, kissing it then pointing at you. it was his way of letting you know that he was sorry for what had happened the previous night.

you were so happy, not just about the very thoughtful gesture, but also because you didn't want the fight to have messed up the way he was playing too much, and after playing well all game and scoring, he was still his normal self on the football pitch.

☀︎☽☆☾☀︎

after the game, you made your way into the tunnel, which was where you agreed to meet after every single one of the matches that you went to. you only had to wait a couple of minutes, before he came out of the changing rooms.

as soon as his eyes met yours, he practically ran into your arms, holding you in an embrace so tight you could barely breathe. but you held onto him, because even though you had only been apart for the last twenty four hours, you had missed him so much, and you had hated leaving things on such a sour note.

"did you see my celebration, mi amor?" he whispered in your ear.

"yeah," you said, pulling back from his embrace, looking into his gorgeous brown eyes.

"i did it for you. i'm so sorry, i never should have said what i said last night, do you forgive me?" you could tell he was slightly nervous to ask you that question just from the look in his eyes and the way his voice altered slightly.

"of course i forgive you, pedri."

he let out a sigh of relief. "good, because i don't think i can spend another night without you."