jealous | erling haaland

you had had a crush on kylian for a long time, before you even got into a relationship with erling. and when erling found out he was anything but happy. he was completely okay with you having celebrity crushes on actors and singers, but when it came to someone in his field, someone who he had played against before, and someone he would play against again, he felt slightly strange.

so when psg got drawn in the same group as man city, you were thrilled, but erling, however, was not. because when it came round to the home fixture, and you were there, you begged erling to see if he could organise a meeting between you and kylian.

erling didn't want to say no, because he knew how much this meant to you, he could see it on your face.

so when it came around to the moment after the match where you were going to meet one of your favourite players, erling made sure to stay by your side at all times. he watched as the two of you spoke, your eyes lighting up at the frenchman in front of you.

he tried not to be, but he couldn't help but feel a little jealous, because even though he knew you were with him, and would never do something with someone else, he started to feel a little insecure about the fact that he maybe wasn't your favourite player. not that he had to be, but he just didn't like the fact that you loved someone he got compared to on the daily.

you noticed his mood when you were driving home that night. he kept letting out sighs, and you knew straight away what it was about. "you know you're still my favourite player, right?"

you knew he didn't want to show it, but you could see the corners of his mouth turn up slightly at your comment. "yeah?" he glanced at you slightly before turning back to the road, a full smirk now on his lips.

"yeah, when it comes to the mbappe vs haaland debate, i'm fighting in your corner don't you worry about that. you'll always be my favourite anyway. favourite player, favourite person, they're the same thing, really."

you smiled at each other, as he reached over, intertwining his hand with yours, bringing it up to his lips to press a kiss to the back of it.