brazilian | mason mount

you were very proud to be brazilian, and having grown up in brazil, football was very hard to ignore. pretty much everyone in the country loved the sport, and would always get behind their team with as much passion and desire as they could muster.

you were really excited about the world cup, as your country had an excellent chance at winning the tournament, and you were even more excited at the fact that you were going to be in qatar for the entire thing.

your boyfriend had invited you, alongside his family, to watch him play in his first world cup. you didn't really know how to feel about it, though. being brazilian, your entire family would be supporting them, and so were you, but you had to be there to support mason. you really did want to show your support for mason, as you always did, but you weren't english, and you felt like you would be betraying your team and your family, if you were to support england. so, you just decided that you would support only mason, not england.

"so you won't even wear my shirt," mason asked with a slight pout on his lips.

"not your england shirt, no. i have brought your chelsea shirt with me, though, so i'll be able to wear that."

"but why won't you wear my england one?"

"because i'm not english, mason. i'm not going to be supporting england. what if you end up playing brazil in the final, i can't be supporting england throughout the entire tournament, basically willing them to get further into the competition, just so they could basically beat my team? absolutely not. i will always support you and you know that, if you ask me what team i'll be supporting, i'll always say brazil."

"okay, i get it," mason smiled, coming closer to you to wrap his arms around your waist. "but england don't need your support to get to the final anyway."

"oh, fighting talk from the english boy. may i ask you one question though, how many world cups has your little country won, hmm? we have the experience, we know what it's like to be a successful football nation."

"touche," mason smiled, pecking your lips. "i really don't mind you not wearing the england shirt, as long as you promise to wear my chelsea shirt every time we play."

"oh, i will, i promise, but i will have to wear my brazil shirt if we play each other. i want to be on the winning side." you grinned up at him, laughing when you saw the look on his face.

"fine, but you've got to promise me you won't cry when we beat you."

"oh, shut up, mount. regardless of what happens, we've still won more world cups than you," you tilt your head, smirking at him. the banter between you was very playful, knowing that you would never let football truly come between the two of you.