gold digger | erling haaland

you had gone into the kitchen to fetch yourself a drink. you were currently at erling's house, and he had invited a couple of his friends over for the evening, as he hadn't seen them in a while. you were just about to make your way back into the living room, when you heard one of erling's friend's, jack, mention your name.

"i don't like, y/n," he said, which took you aback, as you seemed to be getting along just fine when you were talking not that long ago.

"why?" you heard erling ask. you could almost hear the frown in his voice.

"i don't like what she's doing with you," your brows furrowed at that statement.

"i'm confused, what's she doing with me?" erling let out a small laugh, the tension in the room clearly high between the two of them. none of his other friends had said anything yet, making you slightly worried about what may happen if something out of line was said.

"she's clearly a gold digger, man. she really doesn't seem that interested in you when she's with you. and those rings and bracelets? you bought her those, right? did you not think about the fact that she only wants those things from you only because you're a professional footballer, and have loads of money now? you could have anyone, and you chose that one."

you heard some shuffling in the room, but you didn't hear anyone say anything, until you heard erling yell, "get out!"

"w-what," you heard jack stutter.

"you heard me. get out of my house right now! all of you. none of you have any right coming into my house and chatting shit about my girlfriend, who, by the way, you don't even know. i know her better than anyone, and she's no gold digger. she loves me and i love her, and if you can't accept that, then just leave, all of you!"

you didn't leave the kitchen and enter the living room, until you made sure that everyone had left. you had tears in your eyes when erling turned to look at you. "thank you for sticking up for me," you whispered, your voice breaking, as you choked back a sob.

he walked over to you, wrapping his long arms around you, pulling you into his chest, where you could hear the comforting beat of his heart. "i shouldn't have had to have acted like that. jack was incredibly out of line, and i had to do something about it. i wan't going to have someone say nasty things about you, when they are simply not true."

"i'm not with you for your money," you knew that he knew that, but you just felt like it was what the situation needed at that moment in time.

"i know, baby. i know. i love you," he whispered, he pressed a kiss to the top of your head, wrapping his arms tighter around you. there was no one he loved more in the world than you, and he knew that you felt the exact same way about him.