the secret's out | erling haaland

it wasn't uncommon for erling to pick you up from university, coming to get you whenever he had the time. today was one of those days.

you were making your way out of your last class, and you had just exited the building when you saw the group of students that you had never really gotten along with. they were all in one of your other classes, and they made it their mission to torment you for what felt like eternity.

you had hoped that you could just walk past them without being seen, but you knew deep down that was never going to happen.

"y/n!" one of them shouted over to you, in the annoying sing-song voice that they used just to wind you up. "come over here."

you really didn't know what to do. you could go over there and just deal with their tormenting, or you could just ignore them, and wait for erling. however, they would almost certainly come over to you while you were waiting anyway, so you headed in their direction.

"hey," you said quietly, waiting for them to start on you just like they usually did.

"where are you heading, y/n? going to wait for that "boyfriend" of yours to show up?" you had mentioned erling in passing once, but no one at the university had ever seen him. because he was in the public eye constantly, he wanted to keep this aspect of his life private and also respect your boundaries, as you didn't choose this life. also, your lack of friends at university made hiding it a lot easier, because you had no one to talk about him to. but it also meant that, whenever you told anyone you had a boyfriend, no one would believe you, thinking that you were just using it as an excuse to seem popular, or to get out of a certain unwanted situation, just like the one that you were in now.

you nodded your head, willing erling to arrive sooner than the agreed upon time, which was only about ten minutes away anyway.

"when will we get to meet this man of yours? or will we never be able to, seeing as though he definitely doesn't exist." they all laugh at you, but you could just stand there, feeling helpless, doing nothing, because you had no one that could do anything to help you.

however, little did you know, erling had just pulled up into the car park. he spotted you straight away, surround by the group of students. he knew you didn't have many friends at university, and remembered you mentioning something about a group of people annoying you, so he didn't hesitate to get out of the car, especially when he saw how uncomfortable.

when he arrived beside you, his six foot four frame loomed over the group. he wrapped his arm around your shoulder, bringing you close to his body, squeezing your shoulder, letting you know that he was there and you were safe.

"what's going on here?" he asked, staring everyone down.

"oh, w-we we are just talking to our friend, y/n, here. weren't we?" one of them said, and when you said nothing erling stepped in.

"i know who you are, and i know what kind of people you are. so if you don't leave my girlfriend alone in the future, then you're going to have to deal with me, okay?"

they all nodded, and erling led you back to the car, not once looking back at the group, just helping you into the car.

"thank you," you said to erling, as he began to drive off.

"don't worry about it," he placed his hand on your thigh, rubbing it gently. "i hate seeing you upset, and i will always be here to protect you no matter what. if they do anything again, make sure you tell me, okay?"

you nodded, feeling very grateful that you had someone like erling, who was always there for you no matter what.

it wasn't until the next morning that you realised that someone must have taken a picture of you and erling together on campus. i mean, he was erling haaland. he was world famous, and at a university in manchester, there were going to be a few people who didn't know who he was.

many newspapers were writing about the football sensation's student love. to your surprise the reaction was mostly positive, with a few negative comments that were expected. but you were pretty certain that no one was going to bother you at school anymore.