insecure | erling haaland

erling, in his past relationship, had been made to feel like physical possessions were the be all and end all, the foundations in which the relationship was built on. he had only ever dated people who were with him for his money and nothing else, and had developed the way that he would act in a relationship because of that.

in the first couple of months of your relationship, it was almost every single week when he was buying you something. and these things would be very expensive, at least a couple of hundred pounds, if not thousands.

you realised pretty quickly what he was trying to do, so you decided to confront him about it. "you know, you don't have to keep buying my gifts," you told him when the two of you were laid in bed together, him as the big soon, you as the little.

you turn to face him in order to gauge his reaction.

"but don't you want them?" his brows furrowed, a little in sadness and a little in confusion.

"they're really nice gifts, erling, and i'm very grateful that you got them for me, but i don't need them. especially not that many. just being with you is enough for me."

he nods slightly, the expression on his face still quite sad. you bring your hand up to cup his cheek, caressing his cheek with your thumb.

"what's wrong?"

he let out a sigh, "it's just that, in every other relationship that i've been in, they've only wanted me for my money, and they've only wanted me to buy them things, and never actually seemed to care about me," you heart broke when you saw tears in his eyes, and heard his voice crack.

"listen, erling, i'm not like them, okay? i love you for you, not your money. i'd still love you if you were poor, the money you earn doesn't change who you are as a person, it doesn't change the person i fell in love with."

he nodded his head, giving you a smile. "i love you," he whispered.

"i love you, too," you whispered against his lips, before lightly kissing them.