worm | erling haaland

"i've got a question for you," you turn to erling, who was sitting next to you on the sofa, phone in hand, secretly recording your interaction.

"okay," he stops whatever he is doing on his phone, and turns his attention towards you.

"would you still love me if i was a worm?"

you had to try your hardest to hold back the laugh that wanted to escape your body when you saw the expression on his face. he looked baffled, completely confused as to why you would even think to ask him a question like that.

"a worm? when would you ever turn into a worm?" his brow was furrowed, he really didn't have a clue what was going on.

"let's say, in a completely hypothetical situation, i have been turned into a worm, and you come home one day and you see me as such. would you still love me?" you knew how ridiculous you sounded, but that was the best bit.

"i want to say yes, because i feel that's the answer you want from me, but do you realise you would be a worm? are humans even capable of loving worms?"

it was at that moment that you burst out laughing. you couldn't take it anymore, the look on his face was priceless, and he looked even more confused at the fact that you were now struggling to breathe because you were laughing so much.

"what? why are you laughing?" he said, also laughing, even though he didn't know what he was supposed to be laughing at.

"i was filming a video for tiktok, it's just a trend where girlfriends ask their boyfriends if they would still love them if they were a worm, and i thought it would be funny to see your reaction."

"now that i've thought about it, i'd probably like you more if you were a worm, because you wouldn't have any access to tiktok, so i wouldn't have to put up with all these silly trends you make me participate in."