Chapter 2

I wake up at the sound of my alarm ringing, the sun is lightening up my entire bedroom, that it makes it almost impossible for me to go back to sleep. After stretching my body and sitting on the bed doing absolutely nothing, I get up and walk out of my bedroom to the living room. My father and my mother are both having breakfast, along with Cronan.

"Good morning, Tallulah." My mother greets me, giving me a genuine smile as she adds another plate on our dinner table.

"Good morning, mother." I greet her back with a kiss on her cheek, and then I head to my father and kiss him too, "father."

"Good morning, little girl." He grins and I smile.

I walk to our tiny bathroom, take a hot shower and walk back to my room. I take out a fresh pair of undergarments and put them on after drying my body, and then I take out one of my black shorts and slip it on, following by a black and red flannel with a white under shirt and finish with my black ankle boots.

With my hair still wet, I walk back to the living room and take my plate to eat my breakfast when my father speaks. "You start training next week, right?"

I nod and swallow the food. "That's right, next week."

"Are you excited?" He asks me, drinking his own coffee.

I shrug and answer truthfully, "I don't know, a little, I'm more afraid though."

"You will do well, I'm sure of it." He smiles and presses a kiss to my forehead that makes me smile.

"I hope." I mutter.

Soon, my father leaves for work, and then my mother leaves and sends Cronan to his school before going to her own work. I'm left alone in the cottage, and I am really bored. I want to do something, I mean; I am not going to sit seven or eight hours alone in the cottage. I suddenly remember that we are taking our payments today and grin to myself.

I brush my hair quickly and take my keys and leave the cottage, and then walk to Wren's cottage. After knocking on her door several times, her mother opens it with her very famous beautiful smile.

"Tallulah," she pulls me in for a hug. "How are you, dear?"

"I'm perfectly fine, Bronagh. How are you?" I grin as she leads me inside their cosy cottage.

"Good, I'm good," she smiles. "I assume you're here for Wren?"

"Always." I tease her and she laughs.

"Go wake her up." She waves me off and I take that as my sign to wake my best friend.

She is horrendously sleeping on her bed, her hair is all over the pillow, her mouth is wide open and her left arm is covering her eyes, while the other one is spread over the bed, not to mention that the covers are weirdly tangled with her legs.

As a giggle escapes my mouth from that sight, I literally jump on her bed suddenly and scream. "Wren!"

I expect her to wake up panicked, to yell at me for the sudden outburst, but instead, I get a really low groan from her, as she rolls to the other side of the bed and says. "Go away, Lulah."

I roll my eyes and grab her by the arm to pull her out of the bed. "We have to take our payment, come on."

Hearing that, her eyes open wide, and a grin appears on her lips, and she says, "what a beautiful day it is."

"I'm going to Esme's." I announce as soon as she leaves her room, but before she can even reply, there is a knock on the door.

"It must be her. Go check." She says before entering the bathroom. I walk and open the door, and see Esme just like Wren said.