Chapter 18

My mother is waiting for me to come out of the room, and to be honest, I don't to go out, but when I read the text that Louis has texted me, saying that he can't wait, I pick every ounce of bravery and get up from my bed.

I have put on a dark washed skinny jean, with a grey undershirt and a black and white flannel. I look like I'm going to school. Seriously, I have nothing 'nice' to wear and I have got no clue how to put nice outfits together. Huffing, I frown at these clothes before opening my wardrobe and sitting down on my bed, staring at the clothes inside.

Louis mentioned that we are going to have a... chill date, and he explained that we will stay in and order food while watching something, so I guess I can wear something comfortable. I don't have to dress up. Okay, I do need to dress up, even for just a little.

I have been on two dates before; one of them was when I was eleven, so I wouldn't count that. The second date, however, was a set up between two mothers, almost three years ago, something like that. Niall was my date, so you can only imagine how it went, we only laughed the night off at our mothers and we only did it to get them off of our shoulders.

A soft knock on my bedroom's door interrupts my flashbacks. My mother is on the other side of the room, I can almost feel it. I didn't go out of my bedroom since I got inside, my father and Cronan came back and I heard my mother murmuring a soft 'she's asleep" to them.

I don't know if my mother had told my father about me knowing the truth. Should I even call him father? Of course, I should. He was the one who was there for me after all; I can't blame him for something that he didn't do, when all that he has done was take care of me. Sighing, I get up and open the door to see my mother, just like I suspected.

She doesn't look at me when I open the door; instead, she faces the wall behind me and furrows her eyebrows as if she is thinking about something. When a few long seconds pass, my mother meets my gaze and casts me a small smile. Seeing my confused look, she takes a deep breath before saying, "can I come in?"

Without an answer, I step aside as I gesture her to come inside before closing the door behind her. She slowly sits down on my bed, legs pressed tightly against each other and an uneasy expression on her face. Once I stand in front of her, she looks at me up and down before frowning slightly, "didn't you say that you have a date?"

Blinking once, twice, and three times, I mumble as I say, "uh, yeah."

She furrows her eyebrows at me as she says, "And you're going wearing that?"

Is this my mother?

Again, I blink heavily as I play with the hem of my grey undershirt and mutter, "what's wrong with it?"

"I don't know about you girls, but in my times, a girl would dress up for the boy she loves." She rolls her eyes before grinning widely.

Who is this woman? Two hours ago she was screaming in my face because of something she was against, and now, she is helping me with it. What the actual fuck?

When she notices my lack of response, she stands up and pulls out some outfits of my wardrobe as she hums to herself a random song and before I can even let my shock take over me, my mother turns around with a grin over her lips.

"That will be perfect on you!" She gushes as she holds out a light blue dress.

Immediately my eyes widen as I shake my head, "no, I'm not wearing that." I hate dresses.

"Yes you will," she says with wide eyes. "You will look lovely in it."

"Mother," I whine, throwing my head back. "I don't want to."