Chapter 30

"Take off your jacket and shirt and sit down on the chair." Master Effie instructs me as she stands up and walks over to the small table beside the chair.

Furrowing my eyebrows, I stand up and do as she said. Once I'm in my bra, I take a deep breath and sit down on the chair, turning my head to the side to see what Master Effie is doing. I see her putting a dark green liquid in a needle, adjusting it before she places it back on the table and takes a wet tissue to clean a razor.

I narrow my eyes at the razor, slightly confused at why is she cleaning it. Fuck, is she going to use it on me? I certainly hope not. Master Effie places the razor on another tissue before she takes the needle and walks over to me.

"Lean back for now, we need to inject you with this." She says, placing her hand on my head and forcing me to tilt it.

"Is it going to hurt?" I ask, slightly nervous due to the fact that I have never tried needles before – well, if you don't count the tattoo machine.

"You'll barely feel it." She quietly murmurs as I close my eyes and she gently pushes it inside my neck. I hiss slightly as soon as it connects with my skin. It's true, I can barely feel it, and it's just like a pinprick.

"This will numb the pain." Master Effie says as soon as she pulls the needle out.

"What pain?" I nervously ask, feeling myself getting a little bit dizzy.

"Just lean forward till your chest touches your knees." She ignores my question as she says so. Huffing, I lean forward and do as she told me.

From the corner of my eyes, I see her dipping the tips of her fingers in a sticky white substance. "What is that?" I ask, referring to the white substance thing.

"It will just show me where to cut." She answers before walking over to me. My eyes widen at her words. What the fuck is she going to cut? It better not be my skin.

Holy fuck.

"Are you seriously going to cut my back?" I ask frantically, my voice rising a bit from the panic inside me. Why didn't anyone mention that before?

"Relax," she orders sternly. "I didn't know you'd be the tattoo kind of girl."

I'm just about to ask her what the hell is she talking about, before I remember the tattoo on my back that Louis gave me. Ironic how I wanted it on my back so that no one would see it. Sighing, I choose not to reply back, simply because I can't find anything to say.

"Can you feel anything?" she asks.

"No." I furrow my eyebrows, did she start working already?

"Good. I'm already cutting it." She informs me and I sigh in relief. Thank Lyara that I can't feel it. "Tell me though, where did you get your tattoo? Thomas is not that good."

She is a sneaky one.

"A friend of mine got it for me." I reply shortly, not wanting to say anything else.

"Oh," she replies. "Does he work with Thomas? I mean, it's the only tattoo parlour here, and last time I checked there was no one working with Thomas." She says innocently.

She is a one sneaky woman, I swear.

"I didn't get it here." I reply, cutting the shit because she obviously would catch on my lie if I lied.

"The city, then?" She questions, and when I keep my silence she adds, "I thought so, too."

The light chuckle that comes out of her mouth is poisonous and holds no emotions at all. Cold air hits my back when Master Effie finishes and I flinch, getting ready to sit back straighter before she stops me.