Chapter 45

There are moments in life that needs to be paused and cherished for a life time. Moments that blow your mind away from its uniqueness. I have always thought that these moments where when I'm with Louis—and it's true, don't get me wrong, but right now, I feel like these moments are nothing compared to the one I'm in at the moment. The words roll out of his mouth oh—so—easily, as if he is not saying anything important at all, as if my heart hasn't stopped beating once I heard them.

As his tight grip stills around my torso, my eyes widen as I keep my chin on his shoulder. With my breath hitching in my throat, I try—fuck do I try—to just simply comprehend what is happening, but I can't seem to do that. Surreal is what this is.

I wasn't waiting for a reply back from him—hell, I didn't even expect a reply from him, but damn if this is not the best thing that has ever happened to me. I slowly blink my eyes before pulling away slightly, just enough to look at his blue eyes, to see the sincerity and the honesty in his eyes.

Louis' heart is like a beautiful fantasy. You keep fantasising about it, hoping that one day it will turn into reality, but when it does, you start feeling like you don't deserve it, and that it needs to remain a beautiful fantasy instead of a hard reality.

My heart feels like it is beating once every two minutes, when it's beating more than a millionth time in a second. Looking back and forth between his eyes, my vision blurs from the tears as I let out a breathless laugh—quite in disbelief, too—as I ask, "What?"

The side of his lips tug up in a small, soft smile as he strokes my cheek with his thumb and says, "I'm sorry that it took me quite a while, but I wanted to be sure of everything. And I have never been this sure about someone, angel."

"No, wait," I shake my head at him, sniffling and wiping away the tears as I wrap my hands around his wrists. "Can you please say that again?"

The desperation in my voice makes a grin appear on his face as he presses his body to me, pressing his forehead against mine as he cups my face and murmurs, "I'm so in love with you, Tallulah."

A light kiss is pressed to my nose, before another is pressed to my cheek as he says, "I don't know how I ever managed to not say it back."

I remain stunned in my place with a stupid smile on my face as Louis keeps pressing small kisses all over my place. Finally—as if I have been waiting for it to snap me back to reality—Louis puts his soft lips on mine, moulding them both together. We both sigh in relief as I kiss him back, placing my hands on his shoulders.

Our lips are between each other, filling the gaps and bringing an assurance to both of our hearts; as if we are pouring everything into it. They move delicately against each other and together, warming our bodies in the middle of the harsh cold air of November. We pull away breathlessly, my cheeks flushed and heated from both; the cold air and this kiss.

"Are you not going to say anything?" He smirks after a few minutes of silence.

"I don't know what to say," I shake my head, smiling. "I'm speechless."

He laughs lightly, eyes closing and wrinkling at the edges. "Why?"

Staring at his face for a few minutes, I unwary blurt out, "This is my favourite face."

"What?" He scrunches his nose up, looking confused as he smiles.

I blink, stuttering as I say, "Uh... I mean, the face—how you look, no, laugh. You know? And then your eyes would just wrinkle at the sides and close, and I just... I just love it so much."

"You are so lovely." He shakes his head, laughing shortly as he hugs me to him.

"Eh, I love you." I shrug, smiling a little.