Chapter 55

There are moments in life that leaves in a state of shock. Moments that impact our lives in the worst ways, that cuts deep within our souls and hearts, those moments that later on turn into the worst kind of hate and anger; the aggressive anger.

Right now, I'm in the state of shock. Everyone whimpering and crying while Siggy continues screaming as she holds onto her daughter, her life and my best friend.

I drop to my knees emotionlessly as I hold Esme's face in my hand, immediately wetting it with her warm blood. My dear is motionless, breathless, and the stab in her stomach keeps gushing the blood out. A scream erupts from behind and by the chocked cry that comes out, I realise that Wren has arrived.

"Esme!" She shakes her slowly, crying her eyes out.

I silently get up, having one purpose inside my mind right now; get Zayn as soon as possible. I start running in the village, not stopping for a second as I keep yelling and searching for Zayn. Remembering, I start running towards the hidden tunnel, but as soon as I get there, the wooden door opens and Zayn comes out with Sir Boyd.

"Tallulah," Zayn says in a rush. "Conall and Ragnar are after Esme, or Wren. We have to get them."

"Esme is hurt." I speak lowly, watching as Sir Boyd's eyes turn wild.

"What?" He hisses.

I swallow and stop the tears. "She's in a pool of blood, she's been stabbed and I came here for you Zayn, you need to heal her."

Immediately, Sir Boyd rushes off to Esme, while Zayn stares at me wide eyed. I know he never did it, but he has to now. We cannot lose Esme, at least not without trying to save her.

"Tallulah, I have healed wounds and small scratches... not this. I don't know if I can do this." He says quietly, shaking his head.

"We have to try, Zayn, we can't just lose her," I tell him, begging with my eyes. "Please."

"I just don't want to get your hopes up." He says, beginning to walk.

"You are not." With that, we sprint off to where Esme is, running with no mercy. She has to be alive, she cannot be dead. It's too soon for this; losing someone shouldn't be this soon in a fight.

With each step we take, I feel my heart getting heavier with pain and anger, a weird mix but it's there. I feel my heart burning with anger and being blinded by the pain. However, my mind is set on one thing; I will pay him back, now or later, I will pay back just as hard.

As soon as we arrive, we see Esme in Sir Boyd's arms, whose eyes are bloodshot and teary. Zayn immediately places both of his hands on her wound and takes a deep breath, connecting his gaze with mine for a second before he focuses on her wound.

"She is not dead." He mumbles, making the tens of people around sigh and making Siggy cry silently in relief. Closing his eyes, Zayn starts muttering words under his breath.

People start to leave after a few minutes, leaving only Esme's friend and our families around. Zayn keeps his hands on her wound, not stopping the words for once. Suddenly, as Zayn's nose starts bleeding, Esme's body moves; just her hands though.

However, I take that as my cue to leave. I need to find him, now. Fuck the plans, fuck the trainings, that motherfucker will pay back now before later.

In a matter of seconds, I'm in front of his house, pounding heavily on the door. Artis opens the door and gasps, quickly getting out and closing the door behind her.

"What are you doing here?" She scolds, looking at me angrily.

Fuck this, I don't have time.

"Where's your brother?" I ask disgustingly.