Chapter 24

I'm not in a state of disbelief, nor am I nervous or shocked. I simply feel happy.

Though I don't know why. Usually, when something or anything that involves Louis happens, my heart would skip a beat, my breathing would go uneven, my hands would shake and I would be shocked.

But that didn't happen in any form tonight, even before I came, I was comfortable and I was feeling at peace and I was happy, and even now, when those beautiful words roll out of his mouth, I find myself getting more comfortable and happy.

Without a word, I lean in again, connecting my lips with Louis in a small peck as my palm rests on his cheek, and as I pull away and rest my forehead against his, I murmur quietly, "I want you, too, Louis."

And man do I want him. I want every single piece of him; I want each part of his body and soul, every inch of his mind and heart, his touch, lips and eyes. I want him. I want everything about him and everything that he is.

Hearing my words, he grins widely before he purses his lips together, trying to suppress the grin that is there before he leans in for another peck. His arms tighten around my waist as he buries his face in the crook of my neck, pulling me closer to him if possible.

I take the chance to cherish this irreplaceable moment. Us tangled together in a tight embrace, with so many unspoken words from me, with Louis wanting me and me wanting nothing more. Surreal.

A knock on the door interrupts this blissful moment. Fuck, I spoke way too soon. Louis groans before he stands up straighter and pulls away slightly, keeping a hand on my waist.

"Yes?" He says loudly, though I don't pay attention for the door and focus on the fact that I just discovered that Louis is the same height as me. And fuck if it doesn't warm my heart, I have always hated those tall-as-some-fucking-towers kind of guys.

Wren struggles with Harry and thank Lyara I'm not struggling with Louis. It would have been hectic.

"Sorry mate, I know you said no interruptions but there're customers." Liam says from the outside.

"No," Louis whines, dragging the word out before he huffs.

I laugh lightly as I say, "Go, I should leave anyway."

I didn't plan to spend the whole night here with Louis; I made a decision to meet the man who is my real father tonight, which is probably why I came to Louis before it, because I know he would comfort me, even if he has no idea.

"No," he whines again, pulling me in a surprising hug. "Why would you leave now?"

I try to come up with a quick answer. "I'm meeting my father." Fuck, that will lead to further questions.

"Your father?" He looks at me with one eyebrow raised. "Sorry love, but he can fuck off right now; I haven't finished my night with you yet."

I laugh as I say, "Oh, you haven't?"

"Nope, not even close to it." He shakes his head slightly with a tiny smile on his face.

"So, you have something planned for us?" I ask as I – without much thinking about it – wrap my arms around his neck.

"Not really," he says quietly as he closes the distance between us again. "But I was thinking that we can just... kiss for a little," he pauses to press a small kiss under my ear, "then maybe just cuddle and talk."

"Mmhmm," I say with my eyes closed, savouring his lips on my skin. "I'd really love that but unfortunately; I can't cancel my plans with my father."

As much as I want to cave in and do nothing but sit next to him, I can't. Because I know that if I delayed going to my real father tonight, I won't have it in me to go and I will cower out.