Chapter 7

We walk into a dark alley, a very dirty and dark alley, but somehow, I feel safe because he is here with me, safe and secure. He stops after a few minutes of walking and lifts a dark cover from a motorcycle. I nervously bite down on my lower lip as I examine the motorcycle.

"This is my baby," he grins widely, obviously very proud of his motorcycle. "I bought it two years ago."

Shit, what have I got myself into? I never even rode a bike, let alone a motorcycle. Louis turns and looks at me with a faint smile on his face. However, his eyes darts to my lower lip that I have between my teeth and they slightly widen.

Quickly, I remove it from between my teeth and clear my throat when I feel my cheeks heating up. "It looks really good." And it does, the motorcycle is arched in a very strange way, and its black colour is making it look even better.

Darting his eyes away, he clears his throat, too and smiles as he speaks, "Yeah. I know that much. Come on."

I hesitate and stand my ground, afraid to actually go on that ride. I have never been on a motorcycle before, and that actually scares the living shit out of me. Louis must have seen or noticed my hesitation because he smiles softly and reaches forward to take my hand in his.

"Don't worry; it's going to be fun." He tries to soothe me, but I just can't focus on him right now. My attention and gaze is completely on our hands together, pressed together, with his hand holding my shaking hand firmly. The burn from his hands is evident in my skin, and I can literally hear my heart pounding heavily against my chest in my ears.

"Tallulah?" My eyes shifts to Louis and suddenly, a long, deep breath gets out of my mouth. I didn't even realise I was holding my breath.

"I have never been on a motorcycle before." I breathe with my eyes wide as they pour through his beautiful blue ones.

"It's okay," he shrugs slightly. "Just think of it like a normal bike."

What if I have never been on a normal bike before, Louis?

Oh Lyara, this really isn't the time for you to pull this sick joke on me. I have been very good to you! I don't believe in you, but I didn't do anything to hurt you!

I blink and choose to say the truth, "I have never been on a bike."

He looks at me with much confusion and surprise on his face, "You never rode a bike?"

His look makes me feel uneasy; he is staring at me in wide shock and surprise as if it's not possible. He is truly making me feel like I am indeed different, and I hate it. I absolutely loathe that feeling. I have been trying so hard to convince myself that it is not true, that I can totally be normal and be loved by him. But the way he's looking at me right now, in complete and utter shock, makes me think otherwise, and it's all because of a damn bike.

Snapping out of my thoughts, I shift uncomfortably on my feet as I answer him, "No."

He blinks rapidly before saying, "Wow... well, there's a first for everything, right?" He grins. "Unless you're scared and don't want to do it."

"I do," I rush by saying. "I do want to try it." Of course I want to try, this is going to be a first with Louis, what can possibly make me any happier?

"Well, come on. I'll keep you safe, don't worry." Somehow, his words ease something inside me and just comfort me. With a small smile and a nod, I sit behind him and pray to Lyara for the first time in ages, to make me keep my self-control, because this heat radiating off of his back to my body is too much, and my brain and mind are still trying to process the fact that I'm actually here with him.