Chapter 48

Mature.

"You know, Artair fucking scared me." I say as Louis pushes the boat into the water and then sit inside the wooden boat on the opposite side of me.

Louis laughs before shaking his head. "I told him it would be harsh, but he said he will give us a favour in return."

I give him an amused look and say, "And what is that favour?"

"Have I told you how smoking hot you look in this latex training suit?" He smirks, trying to change the subject.

Giving him a suspicious look, I wet my lips and say, "I'll avoid the fact that you just casually changed the subject and say that no, you didn't."

He grins and says, "Absolutely gorgeous, baby."

I roll my eyes but smile nevertheless. As the boat moves slowly in the river, I let my eyes close and enjoy the decent weather; not freezing cold.

My imagination would always escape to a world that I prefer; a world where it's just those little good people, these blissful moments with those who we love, and these memories that are never to fade away. I have always loved that imaginary world I created, but now?

Now I like to think that I like my reality the way it is; I wouldn't change a thing about it. Sure, there are cursed moments and unpleasant surprises, but it is those bad things that makes me appreciate the good things. It's just another life with ups and downs, and I'm slowly learning how to balance it.

I open my eyes when some wind hits my face and see Louis looking at me with a soft half smile. Smiling back at him, I keep our gaze connected for a little while before I scrunch my nose up at Louis, making him grin and pull me by the hand to sit between his opened legs.

He wraps his arms around my shoulders and presses a kiss to the side of my head. With a little smile, I relax and get comfortable in his arms.

"You know," He starts. "I don't think there would be a day where I wouldn't be thankful for having you."

The warmness that these words bring to my heart is countless and indescribable, and it's so majestic. I look up at him with a smile and a fast—beating heart and say, "Yeah?"

"Yeah," He nods. "Want to know why?" He smirks.

I let out a small laugh and say, "Please, do enlighten me."

He sighs dramatically before shrugging and saying, "Well, first off, you're the coolest girl ever."

"Am I?" I laugh and he nods.

"Aye, truly. You never expect too much; you just give without waiting for something in return. It's like you want nothing but to be surrounded by those who you love and just to live freely and with love. Also, you're not a girly girl; all about make—up and these things, yet you're not a tomboy; you're just... you. You can curse and say poetic words in the same sentence, make me want to punch you and kiss you at the same time."

"Punch me?" I laugh out loud at this. "Oh come on, what have I ever done to you?"

"I feel like I want to punch you—metaphorically, of course—whenever you hide something." He smiles widely.

"I never mean to do it, not intentionally, at least." I tell him honestly.

He hits his forehead against mine lightly and says, "I know, baby girl."

Smiling, I place my hand over his jaw, rubbing the light subtle there before pecking his lips and saying, "I love you."

"And I love you."