Chapter 28

It takes me more than a minute to actually recover and slide myself off of Louis' lap. My shaking hands are hidden between my thighs as I try so hard to control my fear and feelings.

Liam and Louis are both so clueless of the tension between me and Sir Artair as they laugh about something that I'm not aware of. Liam then wraps his arm around Sir Artair's shoulder as he draws him in to his body.

"Tallulah, that's my boyfriend Artair," Liam grins at him. "Love, that's Tallulah, Louis' friend—"

"Girlfriend, you dumb shit." Louis corrects him childishly and Liam only rolls his eyes.

For a moment, my thoughts of Sir Artair gets interrupted as I let Louis' words sink in. Girlfriend. It sounds weird to be someone's girlfriend, Louis' especially. But it is amazing and overwhelming nevertheless. He might have not asked me directly, but he did it in a better way when he said that he wanted me to be his.

"Hey, Louis, I got some new ink," Liam says. "Come on, I want to show you it."

Louis glares at Liam and says, "later, Liam. Not now."

I internally sigh in relief because of that. I'm not sure if I want to be alone with Sir Artair. Especially now and here. Liam only rolls his eyes before sitting down next to Sir Artair.

Opening one of the bags that he brought with him, Liam gives each one of us a sandwich before returning back to his seat. Sir Artair gives me yet another unreadable look before he takes a bite of his sandwich.

"Dig in," Louis says, smiling as he takes a bite, too.

I force myself to push this whole situation to the back of my mind. I shouldn't be worried, really, because Sir Artair is here after all. Dating and talking to a human, just like me and the rest, so he is not a threat and he definitely can't hold anything against me.

Really thinking about this, I figure that there are a lot of us in the village that don't give two fucks about the rules and the laws. Why are they still up anyway? Are they so dumb that they can't notice? Even the gates' guards? I sigh slightly before pushing that to the back of my mind as I take a bite of my sandwich.

"That's good," I say, smiling widely. "Really good."

"Yeah?" Liam grins. "I made them."

"You're a great cook," I tease, laughing lightly. "Even if it's just a sandwich."

"Really? It's the only thing that I know how to do," Liam shrugs. "Most of the time, it's Louis who cooks."

Looking at Louis, I see him smirking before I say, "is he good at cooking?"

"Ugh! He's perfect," Liam gushes, placing a hand over his heart. "Especially in the morning, standing all shirtless next to the stove. Jesus."

I find myself and Louis laughing loudly at this, even Sir Artair smiles at his boyfriend.

"I told you," Louis winks, bumping his shoulder with mine.

"Yeah yeah, don't get so flattered," Liam rolls his eyes. "You're nothing compared to Artair in the morning, naked and in all of his glory after a good night of sex."

I literally choke on my food, coughing as my eyes water. Louis bursts out laughing before he tries to pat my back.

"Holy fuck," Louis continues laughing as he pats my back. "Try to breathe, baby."

Managing to swallow the bite, I take a deep breath after as I look at Liam and Sir Artair, who are both smirking.

"You can't just say something like that," I say, grinning.