Chapter 13

I blink heavily after hearing the words rolling out of his mouth. He wants to kiss me. I don't know what have I done to deserve any of that, but I will be more than selfish and I will accept it without any questioning. A soft, grateful and loving smile breaks its way through my lips as I stare at those blue eyes that I have grown much attached to lately. I let out a small, short chuckle before I nod once, encouraging him to do something I have never imagined would happen.

A wide grin appears on his face, and without much hesitation, any thoughts or second guessing, both of his hands suddenly palms my cheeks and he ducks down to press his thin, pink lips to mine. As soon as the connection happens, something inside me explodes like fireworks; something inside me lightens up more than the sun. My heart hammers strongly against my chest, as if trying to escape this overwhelming feeling of happiness, love and adoration.

Our lips move together in sync, slowly and gently fitting each other. One of his hands trails down my face, neck, arm, before he holds my hand tightly. My free hand is gripping the drawings so tightly, that I fear they might crumble. I sigh into the kiss as a smile breaks my features yet again. This is way overwhelming. This is something I couldn't dream of. This is Louis and me kissing.

When both of us are out of breath, we break the kiss but our foreheads press against each other's and Louis' hands remain in their places; one palming my cheek, and the other holding my free hand tightly. With his eyes closed, he shakes his head slightly as he grins again. He opens his eyes and gives me one hell of a look before ducking again and kissing me, though this kiss is short and almost like a peck. However, I'm not complaining at all.

He backs away again and I take the time to catch my breath and stop my hands from shaking. Have you ever felt like your heart is literally dancing and singing in happiness? Like ever damn goose bump is up for a different reason?

"That was nice," he breathes, grinning at me.

A breathy chuckle goes out of my mouth at his words as I nod, "it was."

A sudden wave of realisation hits me in the middle of this, and I don't know how. However, I take a step back with a smile and ask, "What time is it?"

Louis barely frowns before he checks the watch on his wrist and answers, "It's three thirty."

I groan. "I have to go back. My friends must be waiting for me."

"Now?" He asks; kind of disappointed which warms my heart.

"It's really late if you didn't notice." I smile softly and he nods with a low chuckle.

"Okay, let's go." He speaks and my eyes widen.

"No, you stay here. I'll go, okay?" I try.

"No way," he shakes his head. "It's not safe out there."

"Louis, I come here every day. Don't worry." I try again and this time he looks a bit torn between walking me and staying here. I take the time to pressure him more, "I have to go. So, I'll see you later, yeah?"

"Will you go out on a date with me?" He asks suddenly, biting down on his lip as he shifts from leg to leg.

A wide grin slowly breaks its way to my face. My heart flutters again in adoration for this man for probably the millionth time. With a little nod, I agree, "y-yeah, that'd be lovely."

He smiles widely and says, "Awesome, maybe next week?"

"Yeah, sure."

"Okay. Uh... do you have a phone number?" He scratches the back of his neck nervously.

"Yeah," I breathe and watch as he takes out his phone. I take it and save my number on it before handing it to him again. "Here."

"Perfect. I'll... Call you? Or text you?" He's once again nervous and it confuses me that I have such an impact on him.