Chapter 67

I always talk about special moments, how unique and rare they are. How we should value and appreciate every special moment we are given, because they are so little, and they don't come often, which is true.

However, my moment right now is quite different. Unique, yes, but unbelievable and indescribable. I mean, Louis is standing in front of me, looking a bit tired but beautiful nonetheless, and telling me that he remembers me.

The blue of his eyes bore into mine, with wildness and questioning, making me want to do nothing but cry and kiss him, and keep him forever.

The emotions take over me as I quietly ask, "What?"

He swallows and steps inside and I take a step back as he closes the door behind him. He takes a deep breath and say, "I met you here before, you know my friend, Peter. You... I gave a tattoo, I remember that, and I have p-pictures of you, on my phone."

The lump in my throat grows bigger and bigger, and I feel my heart giving heavy thuds against my chest. I bite the inside of my cheek and continue looking at him, not speaking a word or showing any emotion.

"It sparks in my mind out of nowhere... memories and uh... pictures of you, like brief moments with you in my head. I don't know if they're true or if I'm just hallucinating, but I have pictures of you on my phone." He rambles on and my hands start to shake terribly, along with my lips as he takes out his phone and shows me the picture.

"That's just one of many

"That's just one of many..." He trails off, furrowing his eyebrows. "Your friend, Missy, told me you'd be here."

"Louis..." I whisper as the lump in my throat grows bigger.

He takes a step closer. "I know your face, and not just because I saw you two days ago or anything, no, I have seen it too many times, and it's maddening. That's all I have for you, memories, pictures, imagines," he shakes his head as he says, "Tell me that we know each other."

I wipe away the fallen tear as I whisper, "I'm so sorry, Louis."

He clenches his jaw as he questions, "So, we do know each other?"

"We do," I give a slight, powerless shrug. "I'm so sorry, my love. I know it'll never be enough, but I'm sorry for everything I have done to you. It was selfish and heartless of me to make your decisions, but the fear of losing was eating me alive, I mentally couldn't bare it, it was horrible." I sniff as I take a step closer to him.

"Why can't I remember this?" He asks quietly, looking lost.

I bite down on my lip and swallow the lump in my throat. "Because I took something that wasn't mine."

"Louis," Peter calls from behind me. I turn to look at him, with my mother standing next to him with a small smile. "Why don't you come with me?"