Chapter 31

"I feel like I haven't seen you in ages." Louis chuckles slightly as he pulls away.

"Well," I raise my eyebrow at him. "If it makes you feel any better; I do, too." I smile.

"I know that much," he smirks before he laces his hands in mine. "I'm taking the day off today, so I'll just finish this mess then we can leave to my place." He informs me.

"What are you painting, anyway?" I ask, looking at the wall before looking back at him.

"I was honestly just going to paint the room but then I decided to draw something." He shrugs, throwing his arm over my shoulder as we face the wall.

"And what is that?" I grin, wrapping my right arm around his waist.

"Eiffel Tower." He says proudly.

"Why that one?" I ask, genuinely interested.

"I have always wanted to go to Paris," he shrugs. "It's my favourite place."

"Well, I hope you go there someday." I say, giving his waist a gentle squeeze.

"Maybe I will," he smiles at me as he presses a kiss to my forehead. "With you."

My heart warms at his words, making me bury my face in the crook of his neck as I say, "You're amazing, you know that?"

I feel his chest moving with low laughter. "Why? Because I want you with me in Paris?"

"Not just that," I grin, pressing a kiss to his neck. "But yeah."

Louis doesn't continue his work; instead, he cleans the mess that he has done and puts everything in its place before he tells Liam that we are leaving. As he does that though, the thought of Liam knowing the truth about me crosses my mind, but it quickly vanishes away as soon as Louis squeezes my hand and leads me through the dark alley that leads to his motorcycle.

"Is it weird that I absolutely adore this motorcycle?" I quietly laugh as I hop on it behind Louis and wrap my arms around his torso.

"A little, yeah." He teases, making me pinch his waist.

The ride to Louis' place is not long; about ten minutes or so. When we hop off of the motorcycle, I carefully study my surroundings. The place is nice here, it's not extremely fancy nor is it bad or dirty. The five story complex is covered in dark red bricks from the outside, with white windows and small, black double doors.

"This is where Liam and I live." Louis says as he takes my hand and leads me towards it.

"It looks really cosy and nice." I admit, giving him a small smile as we enter and I look around me. The small lobby is painted in a very light blue colour, with a couch and two chairs in a corner, covered in dust. When I see a wooden desk, I notice that it is covered in dust, too.

"Does anyone live here but you two?" I ask as we stop in front of the elevators.

"Just an old lady in the first floor, and a man in the third one." He shrugs as he presses on the button of the elevator.

"That's a bit creepy." I admit with a small laugh.

"Are you scared?" He turns to me with a faint smile.

"No," I shake my head truthfully. "But I would be if I live here."

The elevator opens and Louis steps in, though I remain in my place with an uneasy feeling of uncertainty. I have never been inside an elevator before, and I have only seen them in the movies. Louis must have noticed my nervousness because he extends his hand out for me to take.