Chapter 29

"So, it's settled then?" My mother asks as she places the plate of pancakes in front of me.

"I guess," I mumble, looking briefly at my father.

My mother sighs as she sits down on her chair. "Are you okay with it, Aengus?" She asks my father, smiling sadly at him.

"Of course I'm, she has the right to get to know him, and so does he." He says easily, sending a smile in my direction. How can he be so kind and amazing like that? I will never know.

"Well, what about Master Bradan? What did he say about it?" My mother asks as she takes a sip from her usual coffee.

"Well," my father sighs. "He was a bit hesitant about it first, but I convinced him. There's no harm in it, so I feel that's why he had agreed." He finishes before standing up and putting on his jacket.

"Will you be back early today?" I ask him as he gets himself ready to leave for work.

"No, actually, I will be late." He says as he presses a kiss to my forehead. "Don't forget to take your payment, it's been two weeks."

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion, has it really been two weeks? It's been a month and two weeks since I have properly met Louis, yet I feel like they were only numbered days. Why does this surprise me and doesn't at the same time? I honestly have been spending most of my time with Louis, so it shouldn't surprise me.

I smile and say, "I will, father."

He smiles before pecking my mother's lips and saying, "see you later."

Later, my mother gets ready, wakes Cronan up for school and then they both head out of the house, leaving me on my own. Getting back to training in the Air House isn't something that I want to do now. I don't want to go back because I don't know what will be waiting for me, and I know for a fact that everyone has been talking about what happened in my first day.

All I want to do right now is to hear Louis' voice, and that is what I do. I search for my phone after getting ready for the training and call Louis' number. I don't know if he will be awake at nine in the morning, but I'm going to try.

Thankfully, after the third ring, a low, muffled, and sleepy Louis answers. "Hello?"

"Hi," I reply guiltily. "I'm sorry that I woke you up." I quickly say, biting down on my lip.

"No, no," he replies. "It's okay. I was supposed to be up an hour ago, anyway." He laughs and I do, too.

"How are you?" I ask, playing with the edge of the blanket on my bed.

"I'm good," he replies with a sigh. "How are you, though? I miss you."

"I was with you literally two days ago." I laugh lightly, though my heart warms from his words, and the fact that I'm not the only one who has been missing his presence.

"Still, I miss you." He says, seriously.

"I miss you, too," I grin. "I just wanted to hear your voice, and wish you a good day." I say quickly.

"Now that you have done it, I expect you to do that every morning." He teases, and I can mentally picture the grin on his face.

"I will be pleased to." I mock a thick voice and he laughs lightly. "Now, get up and go do whatever you have to do."

"Yes, ma'am," he replies. "What are you going to do?"

"I have to go to work." I lie.

"Yes, your farm or whatever that is." He says.

"Yes." I chuckle, playing with the sheets of my bed.

"Well, I'm going to go to work now, and I will call you later tonight, yeah?"