Chapter 19

Louis' POV.

It's true. Dreams and fantasies do come true.

It was such an unpleasant day for me when I first laid my eyes on Tallulah at night. I was weighed down by life and the struggles of it, when suddenly, I just simply looked out of the window and my eyes settled down on her, and it crowded out everything else. It was like the moment I saw her under that tree, I was lost.

So many questions ran through my mind that night when I kept looking at her, stealing glances at her because I was so worried that she might see me. She was innocently toying with the hem of her jacket and she was staring at the skies as if it was the most beautiful thing ever, the best thing she had ever seen.

The following days I continued seeing her, in the same position and in the same place, at the same time; at midnight. I'd sit on the chair next to the window in hopes that I'd get a clearer vision of her face, but I never really got any, I just remember how her black hair, her gorgeous black hair, crowned her face, it was like the softest, the most beautiful curtains around a simple home.

Curtains? I have a weird perspective of beautiful things.

She then became my escape that I'd go to every time I feel down. Other times, I'd catch myself just looking at her out of pure curiosity, and I didn't even feel down then. Just like I said, whenever I would lay my eyes on her, the entire world would shut off, and damn did it piss me off.

I longed to get a clear vision of her, I ached for it and it pained me physically not to run out of the parlour and see her. So I started drawing her, but it didn't do much good, because I just couldn't draw a random face that didn't belong to her. I wanted her face; I wanted her eyes, her nose and her lips. So I only had to draw a shade.

And that's what she was; a shade. My beautiful midnight shade.

Thinking back to these days is something funny and strange, because I never imagined, I never knew that I would actually see her in front of me, see her eyes, those magical blue eyes, and her lips that captivated me when I first kissed her, let alone be her date. I consider myself a lucky man. I know I am a lucky man, and it has me grinning from ear to ear.

As I take her hand in mines, I feel that perfect connection again, that connection that tells me how much our hands fit together, how much they belong to each other. I smile down at our connected hands before I look back at her blue eyes. Those eyes will be the death me, I swear it.

Figuring that I should speak up, even though there's such a blissful and comfortable silence between us, I take a deep breath and say, "there's this... diner down the road. I promise it's good... it's perfect, just don't judge by the looks of it."

I don't know exactly why do I always get nervous around her, but I feel like this is a thing that I will have to get used to. Tallulah smiles at me as she bites down on her lip before saying, "It's okay, Louis."

Louis. I have never heard my name sounding so beautiful rolling out of someone's mouth. I'm suddenly in love with my name, but only if it's said by none other than Tallulah. I might sound like I'm exaggerating, hell, I am exaggerating, but I mean, fuck it, right? Because that's how I feel right now, and I'm never the one to deny my feelings. I always embrace them tightly.

"As long as the food is good there," she adds when I take too long to reply, making me let out a little laugh.

"It's perfect, trust me." I assure her, squeezing her hands as I say so.

"Good." She says quietly, smiling her beautiful smile that will also be the cause of my death.

"How was your day today?" I ask, wanting to ask many, many deeper questions but wanting to wait until after our meal.