Chapter 57

My eyes flutter open, the pain in my head becoming more and more unbearable with every second I come back to my senses. My entire body is also aching, I can already feel the bruises all over it, burning my skin. The first thing that comes to my mind when I finally become conscious, is Louis.

With that in my mind, I try to get up from where I'm laying; a bed. Carefully, I study my surroundings, a bit uncomfortable with the fact that I don't know where I am. As I move towards the door, I stop in front of a mirror and look at myself.

Besides looking like a dead person, I see that I'm in different clothes; purple sweatpants and a grey sweatshirt. Did I change myself or did someone do that? Swallowing, I tuck a strand of hair behind my ear and move to the door.

I still remember everything that happened. Conall and his friend attacking me and Louis, a fight happening and Louis falling unconscious. I also remember three people helping and saving us, I just can't remember who.

There is a long, endless corridor on both of my sides when I open the door, looking right and left for any signs but finding none. This place looks incredibly familiar, though. When I focus more, I realise that this is the underground tunnel that Zayn showed me. Walking in the left direction, I hear faint voices coming from somewhere from there.

And that's where I walk, the voices becoming nearer and clearer with each step I take. I stand in front of the door, knocking twice before nervously opening the door. Everyone inside stops their chats and stare at me, all the faces unfamiliar for me except for one.

The black—haired woman walks over to me with a smile before engulfing me in a hug. Surprised, I take a few seconds to recover but hug her in the end. She pulls away and with a wide smile, she says, "I'm Missy, I'm sure you don't remember me."

"You look familiar." I say, my voice coming out hoarse and thick, which makes me clear my throat.

"Yeah, well, me and my friends came and helped you and Louis," She informs me, making my heart skip a beat at the mention of Louis. "Conall is still alive, and so is Marcel—his friend. We would have ended them, but our main priority was you and Louis."

"Where is he?" I ask in a rush. "Where is Louis?"

"He is here, he's doing fine, just taking a rest." She smiles genuinely before I feel someone behind me, hugging me.

I turn my head to see Wren and Harry behind her. Wren; it's a relief to see someone familiar, especially my best friend. Sighing in relief, I turn my body and hug her closer to me, feeling my emotions rising all over the place. I feel like shit.

"I was so worried." Wren whispers, kissing my cheek and pulling away slightly. "Are you okay?"

I shrug, feeling a lump in my throat rising before I shake my head at her, making her hug me again. The comfort of her warm arms is indescribable, I think it is what I need now. Back there in Louis' apartment, I felt weak, vulnerable and alone.

I was fighting with against two men to save Louis and me, and I felt like I was under endless pressure and worry. I don't think I would have made it out without the rage and the anger that was inside of me. I think that anger and that fear is what made me fight so hard to get us out of there.

Fear is a strength that is yet to be used.

After gathering my emotions together, I sniff and pull back, wiping away my tears as I ask, "How is Esme?"

Wren smiles as Harry places his hand on her shoulder and gives me a smile, too. "She's fine, she's healing quickly."

I feel like a heavy weight has been lifted off of my shoulders at these words from Wren. Thank Lyara she's fine, I don't think I would've been ready for it if she wasn't.