Chapter 53

Zayn and I spend the next two hours watching and listening to the royals. To say that it is a surprise to know what they are planning to do would be an understatement, it was like a fucking slap to the face.

What Conall and Ragnar have in store for us is not a surprise, I didn't expect anything less from them, especially when I saw them together in that room. Zayn is enraged, having no idea that they are up to such horrendous things, even though he has this incredible room to know every detail.

By the time we are finished and the royals leave the Main House, me and Zayn are mentally exhausted. Too many things are running through our minds, different ideas on how to end this shit, though thankfully, we both agree on one thing; we will stop this, sooner or later.

On the way home, Zayn and I do some planning for tomorrow and how to break the news to the rest before we both part ways. As I sigh heavily and rub my forehead because of the headache, I spot Sir Boyd and Esme in a tight embrace as he kisses her forehead and hugs her to him.

Smiling a little to myself, I continue on my way towards my house, not wanting to disturb them and cut their moment, and wanting to be home in case Louis comes early or something. It's now eleven—thirty, which means that it's only half an hour till midnight, till Louis comes.

Inside the house, my father and mother are both sitting on the couch and laughing about something that I don't even want to know. I'm so fucking pissed off right now, by just looking at my father. What selfish and unbelievable decisions he has made. I don't know why or how did he do that, it just doesn't make sense, this isn't my father's character.

He can never be hateful, fool or selfish, but what I heard earlier proved me otherwise. It truly did prove to me that people aren't always who they claim to be. They can be manipulative, deceitful and evil.

Fuck. I don't want to judge my father, not so quickly, but what he has done and said today cannot make me do otherwise. It hurts me that he is like that, it devastates me.

"I'm going to sleep." I announce as soon as they notice that I arrived.

Mother raises one eyebrow at me. "You just woke up like, three hours ago."

"I'm tired, mother. I haven't got any sleep in a while." I quickly lie, thanking Lyara for the millionth time that I'm really good at lying.

"Alright, darling," She sighs. "Good night."

I wait for my father to say something, but when he keeps his eyes averted and mouth shut, I shake my head and head towards my room, slamming the door behind me just to let him know that I'm pissed off.

Changing into my pyjamas, I let my hair down and throw myself on the bed with a huff. As I stare at the ceiling, I remember Aaliyah and that Louis should be bringing her number with him. I wonder what she wants and what happened with her, Louis said that she looked like hell, so I can only hope that she is okay.

Do I? Do I want her to be okay? Of course. She might have deceived us by her death, put us all in great pain, along with her widow mother and young brother. She might have acted selfishly, but I cannot help but want her to be more than okay. After all, I know nothing of what she has been through when she was here, I didn't feel what she felt, so maybe it was the right thing for her to do.

Also, I need to tell Louis about everything that is happening, I need to know what will he say and will he agree or not. I think that's what I'm fearing the most; him not agreeing—even though I have this unsettling feeling inside of me that he will not agree.

Do you ever get one of those feelings when you know that something extremely awful will happen so soon, yet you pray that it's not true? That everything will be fine? I have one of those now, a strong one at that, and I cannot help but know that it will happen indeed.