Chapter 59

As soon as I reach my house, I collapse on the porch, crying and sobbing from the pain on my body and from the fact that I just killed someone, a soul. My entire body is aching, and my heart is dwelling. Is this is how it's going to be? All of us killing each other and gaining nothing but sorrow and blood?

But they are so blinded by the idea of a pure race, and it's stupid, because by that, they are forcing us to be one, meaningless and cruel category. I don't want to be like that; I want to be able to live my life in peace, without worrying about being punished for whom I love. They call themselves accepting people, not racists at all, when they are the ones who invented it.

They want us to live in peace, yet they are the ones who are creating wars. They are close minded, yet they teach us to be open minded and understanding. It's twisted, and everything about it is maddening.

My mother opens the door of the cottage, and the minute she sees me crying my eyes out, she rushes over to me and immediately embraces me in her warm, loving arms. I cling into her body desperately, a choked sob escaping my mouth as the weight on my heart gets heavier and stronger.

"Baby, no," She softly murmurs, her own voice breaking a little. "Don't cry, Lulah. Please, baby."

It's like the words have the complete opposite effect on me, because all I do is just cry harder.

"Let's get you inside, darling," She says, helping me to stand up. "Let's get inside and then you can tell me what happened."

We walk slowly into the house, mother shutting the door behind her and leading me towards the bathroom. I'm covered in mud and dirt, no wonder she guided us to the bathroom. Once inside, she slowly begins undressing me as I stand numbly staring at the wall in front of me.

She opens the water and holds the shower head in her hand as I step inside and sit on the edge. My mother begins washing away the dirt on my body, scrubbing my hair with shampoo and conditioner before moving to my body. I don't have it in me to do anything myself, too tired and too numb.

She wraps the towel around my body once we're done, before she brings some of my clothes and put them on me. She kisses my shoulder as we head to my room, and sits behind me, gently brushing my hair as we sit in silence.

"What happened, Tallulah?" She asks when she's done.

"I killed someone." I say quietly and emotionlessly.

She stays silent for a few seconds before saying, "What?"

I don't repeat myself, too afraid of her reaction and too worried. But fuck, I have to tell her. I have to tell someone or I'll go mad, I just have to take it off of my chest.

"He was going to kill me, I swear," I whisper, looking down at my lap as I shake my head. "He was with Conall, and he was going to kill me."

Almost in under a second, my mother is in front of me, holding my face between her hands as she looks at me with worry and fear. "Did you kill him?"

I nod, a few tears falling from my eyes. "It wasn't my intention, mom. I swear, I only wanted him to leave me alone."

She pushes me in an embrace and says quietly, "It's okay, darling. It's fine, everything will be okay."

I wish her words can come true before another soul goes to waste.

-