Chapter 44

Monday morning comes and as always, I have breakfast with my family, finish my job at the Green Land and then I wander off. However, this time, I decide to go for a swim at the Lyara's river—despite the cold air of November.

I change into my swimsuit and put on some warm clothes and head there with my towel. The sunset is almost there, so it's a perfect time to swim; people would be taking their naps, having dinner, or out with their friends—not that anyone bothers going to the river at these times.

The water is always warm, despite the cold air of November. I relax when I dip my head under the water before rising again. The silence that engulfs the river is comforting me in a way that I can't seem to explain. I'm always around people; at home, at job, at the Sector, everywhere, and it fucking pisses me off.

It feels like I can't draw in a deep breath when I'm around people, it's like I'm suffocating, but that's only because I'm in a bad mood. When have I really got out of this bad mood? It has been here ever since I laid my eyes on Louis, and it's not even his problem.

I miss him so much. I miss being wrapped up in his arms while he goofs about something or make a conversation with me. I miss his touches and kisses, I miss his voice and everything else about him.

Feeling my eyes tearing up as I enjoy the warm water, I sniff and blink away, refusing to let them down. Do you even know what's bothering me the most? It's not that I'm in a constant fight with my best friends, it's not that I'm not a pure—blooded sorcerer, and it's not even that Louis practically ended everything between us. It's that everything is taking an opposite direction of what I had in mind.

Surely, not everything goes as you want, but neither does everything go completely wrong. It's just... It can't be. It doesn't matter what it is, if I want something, I will get the complete opposite of it, and it tires me to an extreme way.

"Tallulah!" I hear the familiar sound of Sir Artair's voice calling loudly, making me turn around in surprise to see him walking towards me. "I have been looking for you."

"What is it?" I ask, looking back and forth between his eyes as he catches his breath and sits down.

He takes a deep breath before I asking, "What happened?"

I furrow my eyebrows. "What are you talking about?"

"Between you and Louis," He rolls his eyes. "He told me that Harry went to him and warned him about some shit in the village and then he didn't tell me what he—"

"Wait, wait, hold on," I cut him off, eyes wide in surprise. "Harry went to Louis? As in Wren's Harry?"

"I thought you knew." He looks at me with confusion.

"No one told me shit," I spit angrily. "Louis just casually broke things off with me, and it's all because of Harry?"

"I didn't know that he broke things off with you," He puts his hands up in surrender. "But he told me that Harry went to him a few days ago—the day you got back—and told him to get away from you, or you'll get harmed."

I can't believe this. Not once have I thought about Harry doing shit to me, at all. I don't even know why would he do such a thing, it's not even his fucking business, and as far as I know, he knows nothing about me and Louis and our relationship—that is unless Wren tells him. Then it hits me; of course she tells him.

I'm not sure, but that is the only thing that makes sense right now, Wren telling Harry and Harry doing shit on his own. Fuck, I'm so pissed off.

Quickly getting out of the water, I ignore Sir Artair's calls as I put on my clothes, ignoring the fact that my hair is wet and so is my body, and that the weather is freezing cold right now. The anger and the rage inside me is enough to put me on fire.